Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

neil or pj

Options
  • 02-04-2014 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Day 3 what do you guys think of the new shows

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Sleephead

I'd like to be able to compare but the 96fm signal is stronger all over the county than RED FM.

I do a lot of driving and RED have a really weak signal.

So its PJ for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Cricky I drive alot too around west cork and I find red much stronger espec 104.5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

Sure how can Cork people listen to a chap who had is weaner out on air!

6541 wrote: »

In Air not on Air

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

vince wrote: »
    Day 3 what do you guys think of the new shows

Neil..

You may now close the Thread.. :D

• Advertisement

Cricky I drive alot too around west cork and I find red much stronger espec 104.5

Cant pick it up at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

6541 wrote: »

No he didn't.

He was on a plane, and it was on the ground. :rolleyes:

MrFrisp wrote: »
    No he didn't.

He was on a plane, and it was on the ground. :rolleyes:

So they say. Can there be a thread whitout mention of the alleged incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

PJ most defo Neill was just annoying.. Hopefully now they will change the way the play and all will be well with the world again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

So they say. Can there be a thread whitout mention of the alleged incident.

Well apparently in was "a Big" incident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Red FM definitely have technical issues, I've posted on this previously and was assured that technically both stations are very similar, be-that-as-it-may, Red FM is much harder to get.

I don't listen to 96fm anymore and I don't hear anyone talking about PJ, it's all Neil, as it always was.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

listened to Pj this morning but sounds like he's trying way too hard. Switched off. Onto Neil for awhile and he says "Man" in every sentence for 3 hours. Switched off.

id rather sit in silence than listen to those two for 3 hour / 5 days a week

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Please stop steering this thread off topic - one and only warning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i have been listening to Neil these past three days so maybe someone who is listening to 96fm and pj could help me out please?

it seems from reading their twitter they are covering a new topic every few minutes or so, or at least juggling quite a lot of topics simultaneously,

e.g today on twitter they are talking about:
    1. Autism
    2. Fermoy's Bus stop
    3. Diets
    4. who's living in a camper van in Douglas?
    5. roadworks in the city center
    6. broken street lights
    7. Mature tree's
    8. Man who was stabbed in shandon street
    9. Thor (the dog who was rescued recently)
    10. what does it take to be an irish citizen
    11. Hitting a child in public
    12. Rent/Landlords
    13. online dating

is it actually like this on air? it just seems like an excessive amount of topics for one 3 hour show???

how is the show going? (i would try to listen if they were doing a bit on something that was interesting to me, but between red fm,today fm and life itself, i get busy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

listened to Pj this morning but sounds like he's trying way too hard. Switched off. Onto Neil for awhile and he says "Man" in every sentence for 3 hours. Switched off.

id rather sit in silence than listen to those two for 3 hour / 5 days a week

Both of them bore me to tears. Switched over to Classic Hits 4FM now. Mind you - whilst Niall Boylan is on, I tend to switch back over to 96FM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I do not listen to PJ as a general rule. Had Niall on out of curiosity yesterday and Monday. It seemed, certainly on Monday, that there was an orchestrated campaign of people ringing and texting him to say how great he is and how great it is to have him back on air.

Switched back to Today fm today. Enough is enough.

Yea my face book from 96fm is bombarded whit topics from pjs show a bit ott me thinks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

whos after losing out from red fm. it neil is new and kc is back then who is after losing there jobs.

is victor barry gone yet.
    one thing I liked about old red fm is that they had music on in the mornings if you didn't want to listen to one of the other chat shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

f140 wrote: »
    whos after losing out from red fm. it neil is new and kc is back then who is after losing there jobs.

What now? I know it's petty to comment on grammar but sweet Lord...

is victor barry gone yet.

Victor threw himself on the Seppuku Sword in an overly dramatic self pitying eulogy that would not have even received a commended certificate in the Feis Maitiú

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

What now? I know it's petty to comment on grammar but sweet Lord...

I don't see any big mistakes bar saying "it" instead of "if" and I possibly should have used "their" instead of "there"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Niall is a dose on 4fm he started out well and then it was all well I did this so im great, and then I did this so Im even greater....

My face book getting bombarded whit 96 fm pj stuff again each 15 mins jeez

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

:rolleyes:

My Facebook is getting bombarded with 96fm PJ stuff again every 15 minutes Jesus.

I don't see any big mistakes bar saying "it" instead of "if" and I possibly should have used "their" instead of "there"

I just struggled to actually understand what was either been said or asked. But I got it in the end, perhaps I'm a bit thick :D

anyway, to bring it back to topic, I don't really listen to any of them but I had 96fm on in the car the other morning (for traffic updates...I swear :)) and PJ came on the air.
    Now I've never heard of the lad before, nor do I know his background (previous shows he worked on etc) but I felt he was seriously over-dramatising things, whether this is a lame attempt at subtle humour or actually just just his manner but it sounded like he was taking the mick out of the caller's issues and/or belittling the topic as a result.

Neither for me, just the traffic reports it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Poor PJ is just not easy on the ear. Some people are interesting and can get away with yapping on... not PJ.

Neil, somehow, gets away with it. He might be a ****** but he has the nack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Thread should be renamed Team PJ or Team Neil :D

• Advertisement

Well, almost a week, I find it comfortable enough listening to Red FM, specifically on the mornings and specifically to Neil.

Hmmm, I think Neil is a little watered down, is that even possible? He seems to me to be a little mellow, less himself.

My day four assessment is that the show is still trying to get traction, I'd have thought it would be in a full blown controversy by now.

But it's nice listening to him despite I not caring that a 27 year old virgin ~

Advertisement