Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

neil or pj

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Red Nissan wrote: »
    Well, almost a week, I find it comfortable enough listening to Red FM, specifically on the mornings and specifically to Neil.

Hmmm, I think Neil is a little watered down, is that even possible? He seems to me to be a little mellow, less himself.

My day four assessment is that the show is still trying to get traction, I'd have thought it would be in a full blown controversy by now.

But it's nice listening to him despite I not caring that a 27 year old virgin ~

It's a youth radio station by virtue of it's licence - it doesn't have the general interest scope of a full grown-up station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Neil if I had to but preferably neither. There's something about the way PJ talks to people that rubs me up the wrong way. Can't listen to him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Redfm facebook page up 3000 odd followers since monday thats a boost for them. Thier sounding good tbh im listening a lot more the playtlist has expanded too. My prediction on jnlrs in 12 months time is neil 70000 pj 50000 listeners it will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 misshoney

I just struggled to actually understand what was either been said or asked. But I got it in the end, perhaps I'm a bit thick :D

being said

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

vince wrote: »
    My prediction on jnlrs in 12 months time is neil 70000 pj 50000 listeners it will be interesting.

That's 120,000 between them, on a good day, Neil could reach that on his own.

Neil will make 70,000 alright leaving 30,000 staying with PJ, I don't see PJ actually gaining 20,000 new listeners.

Red FMs figures are not as clear cut as they are in percentages rather than actual cold figures. I was posted a link previously but it only showed percentages.

I'd reckon there is a potential maximum of 150,000, of that 96FM had 100,000 on average and Red FM I guess were at some 30,000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

misshoney wrote: »
    being said

I was actually referring to the conversation in past tense, but perhaps you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

pow wow wrote: »
    There's something about the way PJ talks to people that rubs me up the wrong way. Can't listen to him at all.

Likewise - I can't stand the way he exaggerates all the little local stories into controversies/scandals and it is invariably the government/council's fault. The fake laughter is excruciating and his over-familiarity with the guests he already knows (mainly local politicians) has me reaching for the knob...... but I resist and just change the channel to RED FM!

Prendeville, while occasionally annoying, is much more calm and likeable than PJ and the interaction with Colm and Emer is unforced/natural and an important part of the show.

Of course, we mustn't forget the big winner in all of this: step forward JOHN O'DONOVAN. He now has 2 shows falling over themselves to get his "opinions". I notice that he is now going down the Dunphy/Hook route of having ever more radical and contrarian positions, while using language towards his opponents that is more and more risqué. Mark my words, this man will have his own radio show some day soon and will become Ireland's first genuine "shock jock" (á la Howard Stern) - a clear case of biting the hand that feeds him. You heard it hear first!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Likewise - I can't stand the way he exaggerates all the little local stories into controversies/scandals and it is invariably the government/council's fault. The fake laughter is excruciating and his over-familiarity with the guests he already knows (mainly local politicians) has me reaching for the knob...... but I resist and just change the channel to RED FM!

Prendeville, while occasionally annoying, is much more calm and likeable than PJ and the interaction with Colm and Emer is unforced/natural and an important part of the show.

Of course, we mustn't forget the big winner in all of this: step forward JOHN O'DONOVAN. He now has 2 shows falling over themselves to get his "opinions". I notice that he is now going down the Dunphy/Hook route of having ever more radical and contrarian positions, while using language towards his opponents that is more and more risqué. Mark my words, this man will have his own radio show some day soon and will become Ireland's first genuine "shock jock" (á la Howard Stern) - a clear case of biting the hand that feeds him. You heard it hear first!

Good old John should have his own slot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

byronbay2 wrote: »
    The fake laughter is excruciating and his over-familiarity with the guests he already knows (mainly local politicians) has me reaching for the knob...... but I resist and just change the channel to RED FM!

Good man there, :)

My friend said he tried to listen to PJ but he is far too opinionated and egocentric, extremely Catholic and narrow minded in his analysis. If anyone knows what PJ does not, they are not entertained and the discussion ends, usually moving to one of the already listed pet topics ~ a bit like Mick Mulcahy and his fervent belief in Fr Pio and his total objection to anyone who took a different viewpoint.

He thought PJ was a good news, business and political analyst for prepared bulletins but was too slow for live debate and he could be found mouthing gibberish when caught out on facts.

He had been hoping for a bit of variety, like many others he too can find the Prendeville show occasionally unpalatable, but. !

Advertisement