Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula 1 2014: Round 3 - Bahrain Grand Prix

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

RayM wrote: »
    Maldonidiot strikes again. The sooner he gets banned, the better.

Here, here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Maldonado showing his usual ass. Medical car/ marshals were far too slow getting to Guttiereez. Hopefully will be a great finish now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

This is one of those incidents that decide championships.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Hanalei wrote: »
    Maldonando has to get a few races off for that one....

Also, would Gutierrez have been flipped had there not been low noses on the cars?

ExactlY.. back to drawing board for 2015

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

Maldonado tried to take the racing line even though he was out of position. No excuse for what he did. I see a race ban coming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

That actually looked like the kind of weird, physics-defying flip that used to happen in the old MicroProse Grand Prix games.

Hanalei wrote: »
    Maldonando has to get a few races off for that one....

Also, would Gutierrez have been flipped had there not been low noses on the cars?

Wasn't totally the nose, most was the tyre rotation. It contributed though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I thought Esteban cut down a bit tight on the corner, then again Pastor was going into the corner a bit fast. Racing incident if I'm honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Hanalei

TheChrisD wrote: »
    I thought Esteban cut down a bit tight on the corner, then again Pastor was going into the corner a bit fast. Racing incident if I'm honest.

Not a hope, 100% Maldonado's fault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

10 sec stop for MAL that'll be the end of it.

• Advertisement

10 second stop/go for Maldonado. Slap on the wrists really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

"got no power" how can the whinging excuses start when he still leads? :rolleyes:

Mercedes finally showing what they can do. Immense speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Williams boys lost places due safe car?

Mercedes Team Orders my Arse! Brilliant racing.

freestyla wrote: »
    Williams boys lost places due safe car?

Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

this is great to watch, nico has the speed, can lewis defend it?

Paddy Lowe. Any Irish connection?

flazio wrote: »
    Paddy Lowe. Any Irish connection?

Not that I know of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Hanalei

Great race!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Mercedes are so fast in 8 laps the pulled out a 19 second lead.. '88 anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭christy c

_rebelkid wrote: »
    Yep.

Was it not that they took an extra pit stop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

I was moaning during the week about the state of F1, have to take it back, one of the best races ive seen, the lack of team orders is excellent some great racing between teammates

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Heart was in my mouth all race! Great stuff.

Never saw that sort of horseplay between Vettel and Webber. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

So happy for Perez. After what happened to him last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Definitely one of the best F1 races I've ever seen. Wonder if Hamilton and Rosberg will be joking around like that in 6 months time?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Will feel good for Perez seeing how McLaren performed

BkjaEbKCYAEBtTv.png:large

• Advertisement

Don't think Setanta will carry the podium interviews. Too close to 6:00
    I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

If all Maldonado gets for his lunacy is a 10-sec penalty then they're going to have to seriously review how penalties are applied. Riccardo (through no fault of his own) got a drive-through, 10-place grid penalty, fine and lost a set of tyres due to an unsafe release. Crashtor gets 10 seconds for a kamikaze t-bone on Esteban??

Bitter-sweet over Checo - delighted for him, but at the same time would have loved to have seen Riccardo fight back to his qualifying position having started 13th.

Very entertaining race to be fair :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

What a great race. Really enjoyed it. Think having actors/musicians ask the questions on the podium is stupid... get people in who know the sport or were former drivers.

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    What a great race. Really enjoyed it. Think having actors/musicians ask the questions on the podium is stupid... get people in who know the sport or were former drivers.
    Rumour is The Stig will be conducting the British Grand Prix interviews. Either him or Jeremy Clarkson (Can you imagine the latter)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Great race!! Another lap or 2 and it probably would of been rosbergs. Hamilton showing some dam good driving rosberg too. Mercs have some serious power gonna be gard to catch I hope

Fair play to Perez would of prefered hulk he really deserves a podium, hopefully soon.
    Multi 21 biting someone in the butt. :pac: Ricciardo showing why he deserved the seat.

Williams poor Williams deserved better. Bottas and massa both should of been higher.
    Ferrari wtf where were they. Some serious development needed there.

Crashtor back on form. lotus hardly much point in them being there.
    Poor mcclearn too good start to the season compared to last year too bad for today. sauber things are going from bad to worse there today.

Hopefully more races like this during the season!

So all Maldonado gets for FLIPPING ANOTHER CAR is a 10 second stop/go, a 5 place drop for China and 3 points. Yet Grosjean in 2012 for bouncing across a Ferrari but flipping no one got a race ban. Don't think Maldonado's penalty is enough tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

Finaly some exciting racing in F1...
    Maldonado should be just banned instantly,, where the hell did he think he was going to go? nonetheless what was going to happen.. you are coming out of the pits,, you give way to drivers that are on the racing line.. he i s a complete muppet of a driver....

Great race for the Merc lads, lets just hope that will keep up throughout the season... it is what F1 needs,, unlike Redbull bitching about everything and anything because they have no advantage.

So all Maldonado gets for FLIPPING ANOTHER CAR is a 10 second stop/go, a 5 place drop for China and 3 points. Yet Grosjean in 2012 for bouncing across a Ferrari but flipping no one got a race ban. Don't think Maldonado's penalty is enough tbh.
    Compared with a 10-place penalty for unsafe release from pit-box - what a pile of crap :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Top Dog wrote: »
    Compared with a 10-place penalty for unsafe release from pit-box - what a pile of crap :rolleyes:

I don't really see what you're getting at? It was a bad error but the flip was a freak and made it look worse than it was. The pitlane is full of vulnerable people vs machines and they've every right to take poor safety seriously.

BkjqdUBCYAAr1kG.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Gifs man, keep up.:pac:
    tumblr_n3mc1kPPEV1qedb29o1_500.gif

Big statement by Lewis. Enjoyable race. I feel vindicated.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

So my decision to go cycling instead of watching the race was a brilliant decision then...

I don't really see what you're getting at? It was a bad error but the flip was a freak and made it look worse than it was. The pitlane is full of vulnerable people vs machines and they've every right to take poor safety seriously.
    What I'm getting at is that he's getting more of a slap on the wrist for something that was HIS OWN fault, compared to a driver who's been penalised for a fault made by his TEAM. Seems very unfair and unbalanced to me. He could see the car in front of him - Riccardo (or anyone else) couldn't see a loose wheel nut.

But thats just my opinion on it - may not be shared by others, but I still believe that Crashtor deserved a race ban at the very least for his stunt. He's caused enough crashes at this stage that he should know a hell of a lot better by now - it seems that all the penalties he's had in the past have had very little impact on his behaviour.

Top Dog wrote: »
    What I'm getting at is that he's getting more of a slap on the wrist for something that was HIS OWN fault, compared to a driver who's been penalised for a fault made by his TEAM. Seems very unfair and unbalanced to me. He could see the car in front of him - Riccardo (or anyone else) couldn't see a loose wheel nut.

But thats just my opinion on it - may not be shared by others, but I still believe that Crashtor deserved a race ban at the very least for his stunt. He's caused enough crashes at this stage that he should know a hell of a lot better by now - it seems that all the penalties he's had in the past have had very little impact on his behaviour.

Going by twitter, it's the general consensus.

Ricciardo's penalty was just a straight bit of regs: car goes out not properly shod, 10 place drop. It's bad for the driver, but also puts the whole team at a disadvantage. It seems unfair, and tbh, it is. But those are the regs.

Maldonado really should have been given a ban. He knew there was cars coming down the straight, he knew he would be out of position, and that he wasn't as fast, but he still CHOSE to go for the tight racing line, which Gutierrez had already committed himself to. Maldonado should have slotted in to the gap behind Gutierrez and challenged later on. But he made the choice to put his car somewhere another driver can not see it. If that isn't dangerous driving, I don't know what is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Chilton had a hell of a weekend, qualified in 22nd and finished in 13th.

Williams are annoying me. Might be something to the rumour that their preseason was a sponsors hunt.

I'll see your GIF's and raise you telephoto lensed images.

Bkjw87KCIAAORme.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I think the penalty for Maldonado is about right, the fact the car flipped made it look a hell of a lot worse than it actually was.

Not really comparable though, Grosjean had caused several high profile crashes in the races leading up to that accident.

I think the penalty for Maldonado is about right, the fact the car flipped made it look a hell of a lot worse than it actually was.

Not really comparable though, Grosjean had caused several high profile crashes in the races leading up to that accident.

Maldonado has quite a long history of self caused crashes. I haven't liked him since he took part of the front wing off of Hamilton's McLaren in Spa 2011.

The if Maldonado held back even a little bit, the whole incident would have been avoided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

The difference between Grosjean and Maldonado's accidents is that Grosjean's were usually caused by panic and lack of awareness of what was going on around him. And he was able to successfully iron that problem out. Maldonado, on the other hand, has a genuinely nasty streak and a long history of moments of pure 'red mist' - sometimes even going so far as to deliberately ram other drivers. This is his fourth season, and he hasn't changed.

I hope his sponsorship dries up before he seriously injures someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Great race!! Another lap or 2 and it probably would of been rosbergs. Hamilton showing some dam good driving rosberg too.

Don't think it would have been. Rosbergs tyres had gone off, that's why he dropped back from Hamilton.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement