Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre Paid Gad meters and credit statements

Options
  • 02-04-2014 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I got a statement from yourselves in the last few weeks in relation to my prepaid gas meter (statement was from Dec to Feb). The statement is showing that I have a credit of €94.31. What I don't understand is how I can get a credit on a prepaid meter.

The statement shows payments of €240 less the last bill of €16.87 leaving a credit of €233.13. It then applies charges of €113.50 (+VAT of €15.32) leaving me with a credit of €94.31.

Now, I'm sticking credit on this meter every week and these credit statements from yourselves are getting larger and larger each time you send me one.

How can I build up credit on a prepay meter? Surely you an only use what you put on it?

If I have built up a credit how can I redeem it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi él statutorio,

Thank you for getting in touch with this query. Prepay and Keypad meters are designed to be debt management tools, and are typically installed to help customers manage balances on their account. With every vend, a certain percentage will be automatically be deducted and applied to your account balance. The remainder of the vend is what you have for your usage. Normally, any debt repayments will be incorporated as 25% of every top up.

If there is a balance built up on your account, then we can arrange to have this sent out to you by cheque. To look into your account, I would need you to PM with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number. Please also confirm if you are the account holder.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

PM sent

Advertisement