Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing at UCD

Options
  • 02-04-2014 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,

I would love to hear from those who may have studies or is studying nursing at UCD. What is the college like? Would you recommend it for someone who is quite?

Any info about the college and course much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JS0692

I'm finishing up my third year of nursing in UCD... Almost finished 3rd year (one exam left and 2 weeks placement left) and so far so good.
    The college is very good. But if you plan on taking part in clubs and societies you'll have a hard time fitting it around placement. There's an open day for nursing in UCD on the 5th of June. You should look into it. There'll be talks from lecturers and current students (I'll prob be giving one), and a Q&A after where you can ask all your questions. I think you can ring the Nursing and Midwifery program office if you want to attend...

And if you're quiet you'll prob get on grand... If you don't manage to make friends in the first few months in first year you more than likely will when you get on placement in January where you'll be paired with someone in your class on a ward. It's a big year; prob about 250.. but if you make any bit of an effort you'll get to know people...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Im coming to the end of 1st year in UCD and love it. It is hard to get into student life as you're off campus so much for placement e.g. no one from my class went to the UCD ball cos we were on placement that day. If you're doing general nursing it can be hard to make friends cos it's such a big group, but if you do one of the other disciplines you'll get to know your class very well, I'm not in general and know everyone in my class which is really nice. When you go on placement, you'll really get to know people. Also, there's a lot of teamwork involved, so you get put in to small groups for projects and stuff and get to know people that way. I really like it and wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Advertisement