Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermal Paste

Options
  • 02-04-2014 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭

Would anyone know if and where i can buy some thermal paste for a CPU, locally? I looked on PC World's website and they didn't supply any (considering its a shop that specializes in PC software and hardware, this is bizarre), although i never checked the shop itself.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

There is a shop in Lismore next to the Centra, take a drive and let us know

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

Maplins will have it.
    check a few local PC places (there's bound to be more than PC world)

Checking online is your easiest option if you're not in a rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm pretty sure PC World do have some in the shop itself where all the OEM components are. Definitely not the best of stuff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

AdMMM wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure PC World do have some in the shop itself where all the OEM components are. Definitely not the best of stuff though.

that's exactly what one of the lads in work just told me there now. I guess it wont harm to have a look, i go past pc world on the way to work anyway so ill pop in. But yeah if i get nowhere around here ill have a look online.

Kinda bad that things like these are so scarce locally. Not enough nerds in this country! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭achiman

Toner Electronics will have it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

PC World do have it. Arctic Cooling MX-2 which is pretty decent quality. I bought some for a Sony laptop a few weeks ago. I think it was around €7

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'll keep a look out for it in the mean time

Advertisement