Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mp 4 player

Options
  • 02-04-2014 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I have an Omega Screen Play Plus HD Media Player and I find that now most down loads are mp 4 format ,which this device does not support . Can an mp 4 player be added some how and if so how . thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

ubeonek wrote: »
    I have an Omega Screen Play Plus HD Media Player and I find that now most down loads are mp 4 format ,which this device does not support . Can an mp 4 player be added some how and if so how . thanks

That's funny. The official website lists mp4 as one of the supported formats.
    Have you checked to see if there is a firmware update for your player?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

MP4 is just a video container. It's likely the codec your video is using is not compatible with the player. A re-encode to something more standard h254 (I think? :) ) for e.g could sort it

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ion564

Just use VLC media player

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

ion564 wrote: »
    Just use VLC media player

and how would you install that on the media player?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭ubeonek

THE MP4 PLAYER MAY BE ON IT BUT IT SAYS INVALID FILE . IF YOU COULD BE A BIT MORE HELPFUL, PLEASE AS I AM AN O.A.P. AND NOT TOO SURE AS HOW TO TO DO THIS THANKS

• Advertisement
Advertisement