Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eirclaim

• 02-04-2014 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Has anyone had any dealings (successful) with eirclaim? I'm dealing with them right now and though I've had a successful claim they haven't yet passed the repayment on to me.
    Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Simon Peach

I've been refunded money already from early February but Eirclaim have not passed it on to me. They keep telling me that the money will be transferred that week but it never arrives.
    I'm suspecting fraud as I have traced the directors to a failed claims company from England. Purplepigclaims.com.
    Their offices are also in Spain as well as Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sullo7

Did you ever get your money off eirclaim?

sullo7 wrote: »
    Did you ever get your money off eirclaim?

Yes finally. They said there was a postage problem.
    They get you to fill out forms giving them power over the repayments. Then they get to keep the money in their accounts till they are ready to hand it over.... If they even do. You have no way of knowing if you are due a repayment unless they tell you.
    We were sold it because we're told that we definitely had a repayment if we had an MBNA card. In the end we didn't get a refund but we still paid them a €99 'admin fee'.
    The directors of Eirclaim are also the directors of a few other company's. They are also linked to the failed PPI company Purple Pig. Their company is based in Spain.
    We still got some money that we didn't know we could but would find a alternative route if we were doing it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭Soarer

Yes finally. They said there was a postage problem.
    They get you to fill out forms giving them power over the repayments. Then they get to keep the money in their accounts till they are ready to hand it over.... If they even do. You have no way of knowing if you are due a repayment unless they tell you.
    We were sold it because we're told that we definitely had a repayment if we had an MBNA card. In the end we didn't get a refund but we still paid them a €99 'admin fee'.
    The directors of Eirclaim are also the directors of a few other company's. They are also linked to the failed PPI company Purple Pig. Their company is based in Spain.
    We still got some money that we didn't know we could but would find a alternative route if we were doing it again.

It's interesting that you say the bit in bold.

As far as I was aware, any monies owing to you arrive to you direct from the institution in question, and then you pay Eirclaim (or whoever).

• Advertisement

No. The money goes to them. Because you signed it to them the company repaying the money won't deal with you now. This leaves Eirclaim in a good position because they can 'if they wanted to' not tell you about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mossie

I know this thread is a little old but it's relevant to my experience. I made a claim via Eirclaim around a year and a half ago, in that time they have never updated me one way or the other on the status of my claim despite repeated requests to do so. I can't say there's any shady practice involved but I would not deal with this company again.

I don't trust them at all. The guy we dealt with seemed genuine and I believe he was as pissed off as we were about the whole thing.
    Ironically I'm getting letters fro the bank telling me that they owe us money. Why didn't Eirclaim catch this. This is why we paid them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭perry stanley

So I am in the same league :(, they took all my details and I have heard no more. They will not return my calls or e-mails. Is there someone who should be notified so as to maybe stop this possible 'heist'

I doesn't help that the banks who are meant to contact you have not done so. You end up giving 25% of your claim to company's like eirclaim.
    Also you could have been wrongly paying to banks for 10+ years but they only give you back a small portion. Ironically the solicitor we used in no longer in business.
    The owners of Eirclaim have a history of this (Purple Pig Claims).
    It's worth getting some advise about it.

• Advertisement

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but I wonder if any of you got satisfaction from Eirclaim? I have emailed them on many occasions but they don't even have the courtesy to reply. Is there any regulator that oversees companies like this?

mossie wrote: »
    Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but I wonder if any of you got satisfaction from Eirclaim? I have emailed them on many occasions but they don't even have the courtesy to reply. Is there any regulator that oversees companies like this?

I don't know who you can approach about them. Ombudsman perhaps.

Just to add further warning for anyone searching for info on Eirclaim, I still have not received any update on my claim over three years on despite probably emailing them on 20+ occasions. Phoning is a waste of time as the (091) number goes straight to voicemail and these are not responded to. Then to add to my concern i received the following email:
    Dear Client
    Please be aware that unless instructed otherwise by you by the 6th May 2016. All paperwork
    held by Eirclaim.ie referring to your claims will be destroyed.

I emailed instructing them that my paperwork is to be preserved but of course got no response. So in summary be very, very wary of this crowd.

I got the same mail. I asked them to keep my info too.

I got the same mail. I asked them to keep my info too.

Finally got an email reply today "Your request has been forwarded to our customer support team, one of our agents will be in contact with you at the earliest opportunity." Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Any idea of their correct postal address? Their website says Galway but an email I received some time ago says their new address is in Limerick. Sent registered letters to both addresses to be safe and weh I track them on the An Post website they're both being returned to sender.

may i ask what e-mail address you used. I have only phone number + address in Galway and we all seem to be getting nowhere that way. Thanks.

may i ask what e-mail address you used. I have only phone number + address in Galway and we all seem to be getting nowhere that way. Thanks.

customersupport@eirclaim.ie but I must have sent 20+ emails before I finally got an answer and I'm not holding my breath for any progress. Phone is always voicemail and apparently the addresses don't work either.

Thanks, I will send some. Someone has to be looking at them. But I remain doubtful too. Phonecalls and letters from me have the same result. Nowt:mad:
    Thanks again.

No bother. Will post here if I get a response.

I sent registered letters to both addresses I have for Eirclaim, both were returned marked "Gone Away"

The addresses I have are:
    Unit 8a, Liosban Business Park Centre, Tuam Road, Galway. (as per website)
    and
    Ducart Suite, Castletroy Park Commercial Campus Limerick (as per email from Eirclaim 1/10/2014)

Yet more reasons to doubt the authenticity of this company.

• Advertisement

I contacted the ombudsman and following is the reply received:

Thank you for your email.

The Financial Services Ombudsman's Bureau was established on a statutory basis under the Central Bank and Financial Services Authority of Ireland Act 2004 and opened for business on 1 April 2005. The Financial Services Ombudsman is a statutory officer who deals independently with complaints from consumers about their individual dealings with all financial services providers regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland that have not been resolved by the providers.

Eirclaim.ie is not a regulated Financial Service Provider consequently this office would not have any authority over that company.
    While this office cannot address your query, we would suggest that you contact the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission, PO Box 12585, Dublin 1, LoCall: 1890 432 432, Web: http://www.consumerhelp.ie/., who may be able to give you some assistance.

Regards

So lets all go there, I say?

The Financial Services Ombudsman's Bureau was established on a statutory basis under the Central Bank and Financial Services Authority of Ireland Act 2004 and opened for business on 1 April 2005. The Financial Services Ombudsman is a statutory officer who deals independently with complaints from consumers about their individual dealings with all financial services providers regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland that have not been resolved by the providers.

Eirclaim.ie is not a regulated Financial Service Provider consequently this office would not have any authority over that company.
    While this office cannot address your query, we would suggest that you contact the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission, PO Box 12585, Dublin 1, LoCall: 1890 432 432, Web: http://www.consumerhelp.ie/., who may be able to give you some assistance.

Regards

Must be worth a go at least, thanks.

Regards

I received a response from the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission today basically saying tough. They said to take it up with Eirclaim using their complaints procedure to the address in Galway, which is apparently now invalid as letters are returned marked "gone away" or by email to info@eirclaim.ie which seems to be ignored. So it appears I have reached the end of my options with regard to Eirclaim. They are clearly less than transparent, even dishonest, in their dealings with customers but they appear to be unanswerable to anyone.

Advertisement