Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI To Pay Stamp Duty For First Time Buyers

Options
  • 02-04-2014 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭

I seen on the Independant's website that the Bank Of Ireland are going to pay back customer's Stamp Duty, if they are first time buyers, and take out a Mortgage with the BOI.

I currently have a Mortgage Application in with BOI, and this is the first I have heard of this. How does one go about applying for this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi gerrybbadd,[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting us on boards.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Launching today 2nd April, Bank of Ireland will pay First Time Buyers Stamp Duty to the value of 1% of the mortgage amount when they draw down their mortgage between 2nd April and 30th September.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]If the customer is eligible for this offer it will automatically be applied to your application so there will be no need to apply for this. Once the Mortgage is drawn down a payment equal to 1% will be arrange to drawn down also. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]As we currently have other offers in place for Mortgage applicants, the offer which is most beneficial to the customer will be applied to them. Please note however this offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]We hope this clarifies this for you, should you need any further assistance please contact our Mortgage Team on 01 6113333 where a representative will be more than happy to assist you.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Best of luck with your application and if we can help with anything else please don't hesitate to contact us.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Paula C[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi gerrybbadd,[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting us on boards.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Launching today 2nd April, Bank of Ireland will pay First Time Buyers Stamp Duty to the value of 1% of the mortgage amount when they draw down their mortgage between 2nd April and 30th September.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]If the customer is eligible for this offer it will automatically be applied to your application so there will be no need to apply for this. Once the Mortgage is drawn down a payment equal to 1% will be arrange to drawn down also. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]As we currently have other offers in place for Mortgage applicants, the offer which is most beneficial to the customer will be applied to them. Please note however this offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]We hope this clarifies this for you, should you need any further assistance please contact our Mortgage Team on 01 6113333 where a representative will be more than happy to assist you.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Best of luck with your application and if we can help with anything else please don't hesitate to contact us.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Paula C[/font]
    Many thanks for the Paula C, that is fantastic news! I think my Mortgage will be ready for drawing down today or tomorrow so should be eligible for this scheme. Delighted about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Limbo159

This is such fantastic news. I wont be drawing down my mortgage for another 4 wks! 

So I am assuming we will not be setting the €1250 back aswell!? The life assurance covered for the yr?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Limbo159,

As mentioned above, this offer is not available with any other offer. The offer that is most beneficial to you will be applied. If you wish to enquire which offer would apply to your mortgage, please contact your mortgage advisor and they will be more than happy to look into this for you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Myself and my partner are just sending off our documentation to KCB bank this week. I am not a first time buyer but my partner is , can this apply to us or is there any other offer. 

• Advertisement

Hi Erdin,

Many thanks for your interest in a Bank of Ireland mortgage. 

In the case of a joint application, this offer would apply only if both parties are first time buyers. 

Information on our First Time Buyers Package can be found here

We would recommend contacting our Mortgage team on 1850 365 850 as there maybe other available offers which would be suitable for your individual circumstances, a representative will be happy to advise you on this. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 3 elkie

We applied for a mortgage with BOI  and upon getting approval on Tuesday I was told this offer would apply to us even though we are not first time buyer and have an existing mortgage with BOI. Was I misinformed? 

Hi elkie,

As this would very much be account specific, we would not be able to advise you here.  
    However, if would like to send us a PM with your contact details, we can arrange for a member of our Mortgage team to contact you regarding this. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 3 elkie

Thanks for the prompt response Sarah I will do! 

Hi elkie,

Thanks very much for your PM. We will arrange one of our Mortgage experts to call you back about this. 

Thanks again,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Hi, I was wondering, how was this offer to be applied?

Was it by way of reduced Mortgage payments monthly? I received a certificate of annual interest charged there recently, and there is no mention of this offer on any of the statements

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi gerrybbadd, 

Thanks for you post this morning. 

Once you were eligible for this offer and upon draw down of the Mortgage, Bank of Ireland would have arranged a payment of 1% of the draw down amount direct to your Mortgage paying account. You can find more information on this offer and how it is applied here on our website. 

If you would like any further clarification on your specific account query, please feel free to contact your Mortgage advisor in your branch directly. 

We hope this helps clarify your query and if there is anything else we can assist you with here, please don't hesitate to post again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement