Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early bird Dublin for 2 birds :-)

Options
  • 02-04-2014 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all, myself and my friend are in dublin this weekend for 1 night. We are staying in the city centre and are looking for an early bird. We cook alot and are fussy eaters in that any old muck wont do!! Looking for really good food that wont break the bank...we like tapas, thai, french...not looking for mexican, italian, chinese...can any nice dubliner recommend somewhere that has a good atmosphere...but not party central....yet great tasty food....really appreciate your time....maybe max 30 each for 2 courses excl drinks...cheers....ps anyone have any views on Saba?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

maybe Koh for thai, prices were reasonable and food very good last time I was there.
    tapas de lola for tapas, 30 each would be loads for food
    frere jacques on dame st was nice, they might have an early bird.
    early birds at the weekend are harder to find to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

http://www.thediningroom.ie/red-torch-ginger-1415-st-andrew-st-dublin-2/

Haven't been to Saba myself but know a few who have and say it's fantastic.

The link above is one I have tried and can testify it's good, early bird there for you too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Chapter One or Marco Pierre White are probably the two best early birds I've had

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Id go for Cleaver East in the Clarence

Did early bird there last week, 3 courses for €21

Food was unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

Not all restaurants do early bird options at weekends - best to check in advance.

Had nice tapas recently in Zaragoza in South William Street - nice lively joint. They take bookings, or you could just sit at the bar and split a plate of cheese or nibbles. The Port House is also great for tapas but it is tiny so it's best to book. Can also recommend Super Miss Sue nearby if you're a seafood fan.

The food in Saba is excellent but because of the acoustics, some of the tables are incredibly noisy - as in shouting across the table noisy. That may bother you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭Russellynx

Market bar

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭thejaguar

Chez Max is worth a look - nice food and nice atmosphere. There's one on Baggot Street & another up near Dublin Castle.

+1 for Saba, haven't been there in a while but the food was great last time I was there.

Pichet on Trinity Street definitely do an early bird on the weekend - I haven't been, but I've heard it's good and I'm booked in for next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Would recommend Saba. Delicious food and cocktails. You would need to book a table now though. Can get busy at weekends.

The port house - you can't book it though. Delicious tapas

The green hen - ok

Le frere Jacques meant to be fab

Trocadero might do an early bird

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Salamanca...end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Second salamanca. Nice food reasonable prices. Good atomosphere. And central location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭kinsy

For tapas I will definitely recommend Las Tapas de Lola on Wexford St. Was there again last night and it was really super. Mountains of food and a nice bottle of red for €60 for 2. The staff are really friendly too and the place is always buzzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Hi all, myself and my friend are in dublin this weekend for 1 night. We are staying in the city centre and are looking for an early bird. We cook alot and are fussy eaters in that any old muck wont do!! Looking for really good food that wont break the bank...we like tapas, thai, french...not looking for mexican, italian, chinese...can any nice dubliner recommend somewhere that has a good atmosphere...but not party central....yet great tasty food....really appreciate your time....maybe max 30 each for 2 courses excl drinks...cheers....ps anyone have any views on Saba?

Urban picnic in Georges arcade. Nice place , great food for lunch. Good price for the standard.

One of the nicest places in town is "101 Talbot street". 28 euro for 3 courses "that's a real three courses". Ps don't hang around Talbot street.

Advertisement