Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible email fraud

Options
  • 02-04-2014 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,

I got an email the other day claiming to be from BoI saying my 365 log in has expired and to click on attached document to re-activate the account. its from info@boimail.com and the form asks for my full name, user id, pin, telephone and date of birth. 

Can I assume its definitely fraud? I can forward the mail if you require so you can see it or want to act on it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi Branch,

Thank you for your post.

Bank of Ireland does not send emails requesting customers to confirm any account or password information. We also do not send emails advising to fix your account by clicking on a resolution link.

Please do not click on any links contained on the email.

These types of emails should be forwarded on to 365security@boi.com

If you have clicked on any links on the email, your computer may be compromised and we strongly recommend you run Anti-Virus software on your computer and do not access any online banking until your software confirms if your computer is clear from viruses.

In the event that you have entered any of the requested details on a fraudulent email, we advise contacting Banking 365 on 0818 365365 as soon as possible to have your 365 PIN changed and to discuss if you need to have your bank cards cancelled, this would depend on what information has been entered on fraudulent website/link.

Please also see some further important security information on our Sticky thread here

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us here again.

Thanks

Nicola

Advertisement