Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPS number on invoice

Options
  • 02-04-2014 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm self employed and not registered for VAT (I'm below the threshold and have few costs). I'm just wondering should I put my PPS number on the invoices I send customers (I'll mainly be dealing with sole traders and small businesses).
    I've read before that some non-VAT traders do it and that you are meant to. It just seems extremely odd to me, however I could be easily wrong.

Just wondering if there's anyone with some first hand experience of working freelance and sending out non-VAT invoices.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

I'm not sure if you have to actually put it on the invoice, but the purchaser must record it I think - to cover themselves if Revenue ask questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I've dealt with non-vat registered business before and never seen anyone ever put their PPS number on the invoice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

On the invoice, just state something like "Note: No VAT is charged on the figures listed above as i'm not VAT registered".

You don't need to list your PPS...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gabriel79

I deal with lots of subcontractors, many are not vat registered and I always ask for them to put name, address and pps number on invoices.

Revenue did ask me a couple of years ago for copies of invoices and i said some had no pps numbers, they said it wasn't critical but to ask for them, since then we only pay invoices with pps numbers included.

they can look someone up just as easily with their name and address!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Gabriel79 wrote: »
    I deal with lots of subcontractors, many are not vat registered and I always ask for them to put name, address and pps number on invoices.

Revenue did ask me a couple of years ago for copies of invoices and i said some had no pps numbers, they said it wasn't critical but to ask for them, since then we only pay invoices with pps numbers included.

they can look someone up just as easily with their name and address!

Good to know! I'll start asking for them so!

• Advertisement
Advertisement