Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards blocked on Iphone.

Options
  • 02-04-2014 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

Apologies if wrong forum to post in .....need tech advice...I have boards as an icon on Iphone....the toddler had phone yday evening and as usual was pressing loads of keys...whatever he did to phone, when you try to go into boards it comes up as not opening and has a message on page saying
    ' No Entry
    Access denied'...this content is unsuitable for persons under the age of 15......It then goes onto explain various steps you can go through ...including bringing ID to a Vodafone agent! to get access opened....god knows what the 2 year old clicked on:).....is there a simple way to get boards back on phone without having hassle of going to a Vodafone shop.By the way...if I just google ' Boards.ie' and try to enter site that way from google search...the same No Entry message appears,
    appreciate any ideas....thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Apologies if wrong forum to post in .....need tech advice...I have boards as an icon on Iphone....the toddler had phone yday evening and as usual was pressing loads of keys...whatever he did to phone, when you try to go into boards it comes up as not opening and has a message on page saying
    ' No Entry
    Access denied'...this content is unsuitable for persons under the age of 15......It then goes onto explain various steps you can go through ...including bringing ID to a Vodafone agent! to get access opened....god knows what the 2 year old clicked on:).....is there a simple way to get boards back on phone without having hassle of going to a Vodafone shop.By the way...if I just google ' Boards.ie' and try to enter site that way from google search...the same No Entry message appears,
    appreciate any ideas....thanks.

It sounds like Vodafone has added boards.ie to it's blocklist accidentally. You'll need to contact Vodafone to get it removed.

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I'd say boards should be blocked for people under 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

I'd say boards should be blocked for people under 25.

Nobody listen to this lunatic :P :D

Did you uninstall the app, and reinstall it again? Adverts works fine on my vodafone s4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Its a mature content filter by vodafone. Ring'em up and they'll sort it out.

Has happened to me a few times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

On the contrary, how would I go about blocking boards on my phone so I can’t access it? Any apps for blocking websites etc.

I know within latest iOS you go into settings, screen time, content restrictions etc then add websites you want to block.
    This doesn’t work for me however as I usually choose to ignore .

I’m spending too much time on boards and other websites especially at night and would like to cut it out. Meaning if I want to go on I have to go to the laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭wandererz

CBear1993 wrote: »
    On the contrary, how would I go about blocking boards on my phone so I can’t access it? Any apps for blocking websites etc.

I know within latest iOS you go into settings, screen time, content restrictions etc then add websites you want to block.
    This doesn’t work for me however as I usually choose to ignore .

I’m spending too much time on boards and other websites especially at night and would like to cut it out. Meaning if I want to go on I have to go to the laptop.

Check out shieldmykids.ie.
    It's not just an app though. They have an app but it works with a WiFi router so that it protects both mobiles plus all other devices in the home.

It's not free though. There's a monthly charge.
    It's mainly for parents wanting to control their kids Internet usage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Haha might be just the medicine I need! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

can you override DNS on an iphone like you can on Android? I aways set '1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns.com' for my 'Private DNS' so your ISP DNS will be bypassed and IMO a lot faster which may help bypass Vodafone filters?

(I use Vodafone and have no issues hitting boards)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

replies to a 2014 thread? :D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement