Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

routine for six month old

Options
  • 02-04-2014 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

hey all,

my lo is six months old and up til now she has led the way. we go upstairs around 22.30 and breast feed til she's asleep...usually by 23.30/24.00. she wakes up once (could be anytime really but its usually just once) and then the earliest she's up and ready for the world is about 9.30 but oftentimes its as late as 10.30/11.00
    up til now this has been grand but id like to get her to bed and get her up a little earlier so im looking for suggestions..
    should i start by bringing her up to bed at 20.30 and see what happens or should i start by getting her up early..8am ish?
    or should i just leave it and continue to follow her lead? im not back to work til july so im kinda half thinking i should just wait til june for all this routine craic. tbh im kinda only interested in a routine so that i can go out for once :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

I would suggest gradually bringing her bedtime forward by about 15/30 minutes over a period of time. So maybe start at 22.15 for a few nights, then 22.00 etc.

Advertisement