Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assignments instead of Exams for Credits?

Options
  • 02-04-2014 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

As above guys, just wondering if this is possible or has anyone ever heard of this been implimented under specific circumstances!
    Im a class rep and I have a class mate that literally hates exams, freexes up before, during and after them and always gets bad results. Her assignments are however, excellent. She asked me to enquire so thought I would see if anyone has heard of similar.

Regards...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Jurrrr wrote: »
    As above guys, just wondering if this is possible or has anyone ever heard of this been implimented under specific circumstances!

Never heard of that being allowed. HETAC have strict criteria.
    A lot of courses are a mixture of both.
    Have you checked about compensation of marks. Eg get 60 in an assignment and 20 in the exam giving an average of 40%
    Some courses allow it but check with your department.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

If she could get something from her doctor saying it was a medical condition the college may be able to work something out, but I doubt they can do it 100% C/A with out a diagnosed medical condition, and even then they may still not be able to do anything.

As class rep surely you should have gone to both the college and SU as a first port of call to try get this sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Jurrrr

If she could get something from her doctor saying it was a medical condition the college may be able to work something out, but I doubt they can do it 100% C/A with out a diagnosed medical condition, and even then they may still not be able to do anything.

As class rep surely you should have gone to both the college and SU as a first port of call to try get this sorted?

I have gone to SU and our department head about the matter. I was curious to see if anyone had personal experience of the case. Thank you for your reply

Advertisement