Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 Year Graduate Visa New York

Options
  • 02-04-2014 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Just beginning to apply to go to New York around June for the 1 Year work visa.
    Any pointers from people who are there at the momeny? Are USIT the best option?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 guy5

Hey. I am in the same situation as you, just starting to apply for a 1 Graduate Visa to work in San Francisco. Have you found any other options other than USIT?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JoJo1404

There are no other companies offering this type of visa as far as I'm aware. I've searched and searched. Go4less were going it but haven't been allocated any placements this year.

Have you both got your visa? I applied about 4 weeks ago now and haven't heard anything.

The pointers I've gotten do far from talking to different people is to really research where you want to go, the job market, update your cv, linked in profile, Usit offered to do a shout out for me in relation to accommodation, but once you have paid the deposit and you get your visa you get access to a database for jobs, and also a list of where people have worked before, so Usit can put you in contact with people out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aoifemc997

hi guys - I am in the same position - looking to get the graduate visa to move to san francisco in september time. From what I have heard USIT is the best option. :) I am going to send my form away in the next week.. Have any of you got jobs sorted yet|?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭William F

Sorry to hijack the tread but how long does someone have to apply for the visa once they graduate? I graduated almost a year now. Does that mean I'm ineligible?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

William F wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack the tread but how long does someone have to apply for the visa once they graduate? I graduated almost a year now. Does that mean I'm ineligible?

12 months, there's still time but you'd want to be quick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭William F

spideog7 wrote: »
    12 months, there's still time but you'd want to be quick.

Is it expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DUUUUFFY

You can go through the Boston Irish International Immigrant Center too! I found it to be cheaper than USIT, and you can sort out your own flights and insurance!

Advertisement