Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meadowbrook area

Options
  • 02-04-2014 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,

I'm going to buy a property located in Meadowbrook area.
    Does anyone know how it is?
    Is there flood problems?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Many of the houses there have flooded in the past, but should have been repaired by now.

Flooding has been most likely prevented due to culverting works on the river however insurance may be difficult to obtain due to that (albeit there are works ongoing to ensure that insurers know where flood alleviation works have taken place). As a result property in Meadowbrook can be a lot cheaper for the same age/size/quality than elsewhere in the town.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The houses are nice but small 4 bed houses with nice size gardens.
    I have friends there 6 years and they have no problems with insurance or flooding.
    There are a lot of students and investment properties there though and that turns me off the estate.
    I do think they are fantastic value though.

Advertisement