Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy Pub Question

Options
  • 02-04-2014 6:05pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hiya,

Travelling to Enniscorthy for a wedding in a few weeks and we have an old family wedding tradition to toast a departed friend at 9am on one of the dates we're down there.
    Just wondering are any of the pubs in Enniscorthy "early houses" so to speak?
    It's only a one drink toast we won't be going on the tear at 9am or anything :p

I know it's probably something we could do in the hotel we're staying in but we like to get away from the main group to do this in private.

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

The Master wrote: »
    Hiya,

Travelling to Enniscorthy for a wedding in a few weeks and we have an old family wedding tradition to toast a departed friend at 9am on one of the dates we're down there.
    Just wondering are any of the pubs in Enniscorthy "early houses" so to speak?
    It's only a one drink toast we won't be going on the tear at 9am or anything :p

I know it's probably something we could do in the hotel we're staying in but we like to get away from the main group to do this in private.

Many thanks in advance

The only 2 OLD style pubs that i can think of that might be open at 9am is either Paddy Furlongs pub beside Tracy's hotel in the templeshannon area Or McDonald's pub in Slaney Street

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Thanks man

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

These 2 pubs were left behind for the last 70 years. I think its only bottles that they sell and i am sure someone else will be along to recommend a modern pub if it opens early but these are the only ones i can think of that could be open at 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Would they have a licence to open at 9am?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nick1959

Paddy Furlongs is an institution the likes of what you will NOT find in any other part of Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

nick1959 wrote: »
    Paddy Furlongs is an institution the likes of what you will NOT find in any other part of Ireland

Not traveled far then have you? :D

Advertisement