Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard results

Options
  • 02-04-2014 6:59pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Chiefs beat CPU Broncos 42-10
    Manning threw about 4 picks in the 1st half so was up 42-7 at half time,queue the whole team being subbed off.
    2nd time to play them as I went to play them a bit after 5 but got a call to go somewhere just as the game was on the loading screen so had to leave it till now.

Onwards to the Texans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Eagles beat 9'ers 45-17 in a game that was a little marred by yesterday's connection issues, whatever that was about.

Last time we played it was an absolute shootout, and I feel if we were able to play it out yesterday, this game would probably have been closer. Weird the way it transpired in the end.

League MVP Shady McCoy rushed for 200 yards or so a TD, and caught another 40 and a TD. Then broke his ribs when up 42-17, and is now out for 5 weeks. Lovely.

That man IS my offence, so whoever I get next will be delighted, no doubt!

Good game Carroller, pity about yesterday like I said. Look forward to he games in the next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Bucs beat hawks 24 - 21

Bucs went down 14 in the first half.

But a combination of some great red zone D and fast paced offense saw them up 24 - 14 in the 4th.

Bucs could have had 3tds to make it more comfortable except for mike Williams fumbling it 3 times inside the hawks 40.

Bucs D stepped up in the 4th quarter with 3 picks and a 3 and out to stop the hawks getting the go ahead score.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

empacher wrote: »
    Bucs beat hawks 24 - 21

Bucs went down 14 in the first half.

But a combination of some great red zone D and fast paced offense saw them up 24 - 14 in the 4th.

Bucs could have had 3tds to make it more comfortable except for mike Williams fumbling it 3 times inside the hawks 40.

Bucs D stepped up in the 4th quarter with 3 picks and a 3 and out to stop the hawks getting the go ahead score.

This is a result I was hoping for. I think I lost to the Hawks before and did not fancy meeting them again.
    Who plays who in the divisional?

Raoul wrote: »
    Who plays who in the divisional?

Was wondering that myself.

Saints v Eagles
    Bears v Buccs
    Jets v Chiefs
    Texans v Ravens or Patriots

Looks like I have a rematch against the Buccs who I managed to beat 20-10 in week 2. Caused 2 fumbles and got an interception which managed to win the game for me. Hopefully I can repeat that but I think Buccs will be out for revenge as I remember they didn't enjoy that game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Saints v Eagles
    Bears v Buccs
    Jets v Chiefs

Looks like I have a rematch against the Buccs who I managed to beat 20-10 in week 2. Caused 2 fumbles and got an interception which managed to win the game for me. Hopefully I can repeat that but I think Buccs will be out for revenge as I remember they didn't enjoy that game.

I thinks it's Texan vs chiefs and jets vs patriots/Ravens

1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd

I thinks it's Texan vs chiefs and jets vs patriots/Ravens

1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd

Nope opposite way according to maddencfm.com which has the brackets layed out

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Will be done on seedings

so 1st seed will play the remaining team with the worst regular season record

2nd seed will play the remaining team with the 2nd worst regular season record

Will be done on seedings

so 1st seed will play the remaining team with the worst regular season record

2nd seed will play the remaining team with the 2nd worst regular season record

So It will be jets (best) vs Ravan/patriots (Worst)

And Texans (2nd best) vs Chiefs (2nd worst)

301623.jpg

• Advertisement

So It will be jets (best) vs Ravan/patriots (Worst)

And Texans (2nd best) vs Chiefs (2nd worst)

This is probably right but doesn't come across that way on the website

Saints v Eagles
    Bears v Buccs
    Jets v Chiefs

Revenge will be mine :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Don't mind that site, it reseeds after the wildcard the same as the real NFL. So as said it above it will be number 1 seed v LOwest remaing seed and number 2 seed v highest remaining seed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Saints v Eagles

Looking forward to this one. I've never played Knex before so it's nice to play a completely new opponent, especially in the playoffs.

Paully D wrote: »
    Looking forward to this one. I've never played Knex before so it's nice to play a completely new opponent, especially in the playoffs.

Likewise. This is the first Madden I've properly owned, having played Madden 12 for a short while around a year ago.

Delighted to have made the playoffs after a steep learning curve after joining early last season.

We're both without star RB, so softens the blow of losing my go to guy, McCoy, a little.

40 TDs and league MVP in the regular season, he'll certainly be missed!

Anyway, really looking forward to it mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Patriots 21 Ravens 17

Both QBs had average games with 2 TDs and 2 Ints and pretty much identical yardage. Flacco 181yds and Brady 185yds

Patriots spread the wealth and Ridley rushed for 58yds while Hillis got 14yds late in the game which mighn't seem much but a good player to have when you want to milk the clock.
    Ray Rice did well I think with 19 carries for 133yds

There was no standout reciever, nobody got above 60yds

Ravens scored quickly with a Ray Rice screen pass for 59yds. Immediate reply from the Patriots with a Steven Ridley 3yd rushing TD

Patriots took the lead in the 2nd quarter when Brady got super pass protection in the red zone and Thompkins scored on a 7yd slant

Ravens tied the scored with a 33yd TD to Pitta

Ravens also missed a 37yd FG, I'm shocking at field goals :(

Half time 14-14

Flacco launched a 60yd bomb over the head of the Patriots free safety to my fastest player Deonte Thompson. He was free and sure to score and he dropped it :mad::mad::mad:

Ravens took the lad with a FG and then the game went back and forth and lots of puntinng from both teams.

Brady side stepped right to the red zone and Amendola scored a 7yd TD

Ravens GM tried to recover and got a few first downs and then decided that Eric Decker was a deep threat, jaysus :confused:

Double coverage and the ball was picked and Patriots ran out the clock

MVP:no standout player I think it but I was impressed with Brandon Spikes who led the team with 8 tackles and 2 tackles for loss, he is super quick!

Cracking game guns, good luck for the playoffs and watch those screens from the Texans ;)

Ravens go one and done but my goal was to make the playoffs so I finish the season happy :)

All games are played...so can we advance today?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Cracking game Mike, Ray Rice is a beast, think he averaged 7yds per carry.
    Ur defence is strong and quick and bullied my O-Line all day, first time thats happened to me. My center was knackered all game!!
    Ya have Hillis for those situations and goal lines.

Next up the screen Texans!!! :P:P:P

Ur internet up to scratch Giff?

try here:
    http://www.upc.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Ravens GM tried to recover and got a few first downs and then decided that Eric Decker was a deep threat, jaysus :confused:

I'm not sure letting Ozzie Newsome play QB was such a good idea, Mike. :eek:
    All games are played...so can we advance today?

Lets hope Heli is off his stalking CJ2K duties over on the American Football forum and has time to advance :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

guns4all wrote: »
    Next up the screen Texans!!! :P:P:P

Ur internet up to scratch Giff?

try here:
    http://www.upc.ie

These are Scandalous comments :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Paully D wrote: »
    I
    Lets hope Heli is off his stalking CJ2K duties over on the American Football forum and has time to advance :pac:

I'm done with that bum now he's not a titan! Will advance in about half an hour

Advertisement