Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

people with business ideas pitching to web designers

Options
  • 02-04-2014 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

a person i know asked me to put this up he has an idea if it was to happen it would be a few months before it would happen

people with business ideas pitching to web designers to design websites for them i know this happens in dublin and abroad at various venues.

what would the chances of this being successful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

no

it would be something like the following

entrepreneurs give a 5 min pitch

1 Introduction to the idea
    2 State your restrictions: budget, time etc
    3 provide some details about your company

personally i cant see it happen but will see what the feedback is like and go from there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

What's in it for the web designers? Do they get a cut of any of the money these ideas generate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Simple as this. As a programmer why on earth would i spend months of my time and effort on someone elses idea? You think i cant come up with ideas myself and that i need some pretentious clown who knows nothing about programming to tell me how to do my job.

Ideas are about 2% of the overall project.

Then some "Idea man" clown walks around telling people the business is his and the person who actually did the real work gives up how much of the profits? If someone is that stupid to think that giving a 5 minute pitch is worth 50% of the company their gonna be too stupid to understand their deserved share ( about 2% id say).

Quit while your ahead and if you really want to create commercial websites maybe learn to program rather than tell programmers how to do their jobs.

johnnykilo wrote: »
    What's in it for the web designers? Do they get a cut of any of the money these ideas generate?

yes they would what ever the fee the web developer/designer negotiates with the entrepreneurs is his

• Advertisement

Media999 wrote: »
    Simple as this. As a programmer why on earth would i spend months of my time and effort on someone elses idea? You think i cant come up with ideas myself and that i need some pretentious clown who knows nothing about programming to tell me how to do my job.

Ideas are about 2% of the overall project.

Then some "Idea man" clown walks around telling people the business is his and the person who actually did the real work gives up how much of the profits? If someone is that stupid to think that giving a 5 minute pitch is worth 50% of the company their gonna be too stupid to understand their deserved share ( about 2% id say).

Quit while your ahead and if you really want to create commercial websites maybe learn to program rather than tell programmers how to do their jobs.

i know how to program myself and i have no interest in doing websites commercially and i wasent telling programmers how to do their jobs. as i said i was posting on behalf of someone and personally i cant see it getting off the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Wasnt aimed at you personally just business men in suits who know nothing about programming but have great "ideas".

But if someone has money and an idea they are perfectly free to pay a programmer a wage to make their idea a reality. No programmer is stupid enough to believe the whole "Ive a great idea. You use your time to make it a reality and ill go around telling people that its my business and then collect 50% of the profits after you do the work.".

Its not much different from saying you think a newly built house could sell for a nice profit so ask a builder to use 6 months of his time and do it for free and then split the profits 50/50 as it was your idea.

Advertisement