Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

site access when cookies notices are dipslayed

Options
  • 02-04-2014 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Thought I would bring the following to you attention...

Each time the cookies notice and the cookies banner on top of the screen are used on the site it plays havoc with my account.

I keep getting logged out of my connection, this also occurder the last time these messages were being displayed.

Is there something you /me can do to resolve this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Guys,

This is getting really frustration, last night I had to log in in excess of 10 times.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Boards.ie: Alvis

Hi there,

The cookie notice is displayed for anyone who has never visited the site before.

It sounds like your browser is losing its cookies very often, hence why you are getting logged out and seeing the cookie notice at the same time.

There's nothing that I can think of that may be causing this on our end. Would you be able to visit http://www.boards.ie/diagnostics and copy and paste the details there to me please? (Omitting your IP address and followed forums)

Would you also be able to share what extensions you are using in your browser please? There might be some anti-virus software that may be clearing your browser's cookies all the time? One last question: Are you browsing Boards in incognito mode a lot?

Your response to these questions will help us a lot in determining what is causing your cookies to be lost all the time.

Thanks,
    Alvis.

Diagnostics Page

Your System

Operating System: Windows 7

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0)

Your Browser

Javascript Enabled:Yes

Cookies Enabled: Yes

Java Enabled:Yes

Flash Version:11.1 102 installed

Your Resolution

Screen:1525 x 857

Current Browser:1082 x 548

Colour:24 bit

Our Server

Date/Time: Thursday 03rd of April 2014, 21:16:21

Name: www.boards.ie (rowlf)

LocalStorage

LS/SS Enabled:Yes

Use internet Explorer9

never browse ingocnito

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement