Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will playing Lotto affect mortgage application?

Options
  • 02-04-2014 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Just wondering would playing lotto one online effect you getting a mortgage accepted ? I am currently approved for a mortgage but if my approval runs out and I apply again could it have an effect . I hope not it was stupid of me to do as I never do the lotto and don't know what possessed me to

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,878 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Often and/or for high amounts yes. Infrequently is unlikely to have any impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Don't do it again until you have drawn down the mortgage. Any betting that shows on statements has been off limits, whether the banks changed recently on this I do not know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

OP, I would not worry about it - it will not affect your mortgage application. If your approval expires they will ask you for up to date payslips and bank statements before re approving. Lots of people play lotto online.

pacman1989 wrote: »
    Just wondering would playing lotto one online effect you getting a mortgage accepted ? I am currently approved for a mortgage but if my approval runs out and I apply again could it have an effect . I hope not it was stupid of me to do as I never do the lotto and don't know what possessed me to

Advertisement