Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S Home Button.. sticky?

• 02-04-2014 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

Having problems with my 5S bought from Carphone Warehouse from day 1 (now on day 5).

The home button will sometimes 'click' and will sometimes (for want of a better word 'smush' down if you press it at the sides. It still will go home, trigger app switching etc but it's shockingly bad for a phone I've only just bought, has been in a case since the moment it's come out of a box and frankly barely been used.

Do you think CPW would give a replacement? It's not stopping the phone from working but with experience of previous iPhones, this usually snowballs into the button not working at all. What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭djdunny

if they can see the issue happening in store they should be able to replace the handset. I know there is different time frame on different networks when it comes to iphones ie vodaofne will supply 28 day swap but other networks may only offer 7 days so it would be in your best interest to get in there ASAP.

Failing that you can call Apple and they could organise something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Bought on Saturday, I'll call in tomorrow. I think it's 7 days for 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭djdunny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Got a 5s from work last week and even though it's my first iphone, the home button is quite clicky at times. I've owned a few iPads and never had the issue.

Probably a minor complaint once it keeps working, but it is a little annoying. Doing a search online it seems to be a relatively common complaint. Any others here having "clicking" home button?

Advertisement