Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PME

• 03-04-2014 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi there,

Like many people, I've got accepted to the PME full time course today in NUIM. I'm aware this is the first year that the course will be 2 years long and would just like to ask a question to anyone who may know if the structure of the course will remain the same (i.e teaching Monday and Friday with class Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday). Also, on a general note, how is the time-table set out? Are all PME students in class together or are we in class based on subjects we're learning to teach?

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Floodie87

Hello! I got my offer last week too (still in shock!) The structure will remain the same, in schools Monday and Friday and in college Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday. There is a block period in January 2015 where we will be teaching for three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Carton11

Have ye sorted your placement yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 buckinit

Congrats on getting a place floodie! Your right, I e-mailed the college shortly after I opened a thread here and they told me the same. Monday and Friday 4 classes teaching every week with classes Tues, Weds and Thurs. Ideally they say 2 classes Monday and 2 classes Friday (but who is to say we could arrange it for 4 on the Monday :P).

Carton, I have sent out a handful of e-mails to different schools, mostly in my hometown but one or two on the commuter belt in Kildare. However, I haven't received word back as of yet. Schools are off for their first week of Easter break at the moment so I'd imagine this could be the reason for the lack of contact?

Has anyone else sorted placement yet?

Advertisement