Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Age Of Mythology remastered

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

FFS, this is still in my backlog. Very good game but kept coming back to and not finishing the single player.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The AOE 2 remake that came out last year was not good - maybe they've fixed it? I stopped playing almost immediately as there were huge performance issues and it wouldn't go to 1080 res. So I wouldn't be holding my breath for this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Shiminay wrote: »
    The AOE 2 remake that came out last year was not good - maybe they've fixed it? I stopped playing almost immediately as there were huge performance issues and it wouldn't go to 1080 res. So I wouldn't be holding my breath for this one.

Yep they made an absolute balls of it, would say this will be more of the same.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It won't be as bad (i assume), but i doubt it'll be as good as people hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Shiminay wrote: »

from what i gather on reddit, the crowd that have been doing the updates for AOE2 are developing this, the group that remastered AOE2 originally have no input. Im open to correction on that though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

AOE HD update is pretty decent tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Will this allow online play of AoM? God I miss that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Just saw this today.............................. Don't know what to. I absolutely loved this game.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Titans was an absolutely shocking expansion though. Original only please.

Pre-ordered. Too much love for the original.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Had this years ago and loved it as much as AoE2 but im going to wait given the problems the AoE2 HD had when it was released. Hopefully it might be discounted in the summer sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭Polar101

I think they got the price badly wrong again, 28 euro on Steam (20% off now). Not really what I'd be willing to pay for a game I already bought once. The same was with AOE2 HD, I never bought it as the price was silly - and by the time it was on sale, it had started to look like a poor upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

It's definitely pricey for such old game, no matter how excellent it is. So torrent edition first followed by christmas sale, thanks very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

What. A. Game.

Stupid Steam price aside, I'll buy this. Maybe not at launch, but I will have it. (again)

One more day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

deffo will wait till this goes on sale before I pick it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Polar101 wrote: »
    I think they got the price badly wrong again, 28 euro on Steam (20% off now). Not really what I'd be willing to pay for a game I already bought once. The same was with AOE2 HD, I never bought it as the price was silly - and by the time it was on sale, it had started to look like a poor upgrade.

They'll milk the impatient nostalgia and then sell it to the rest of us for a tenner and convince us it's a good deal. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Hoping it bombs in sales due to that ridiculous price. Would love to buy it but not for 28e I won't be. I found another copy that I played. The graphics are really dated but it still played very well. HD will do it wonders but not 28e worth of wonders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

13 on g2play but RU/VPN

Dont buy RU/VPN so not sure how that works after install.

http://www.g2play.net/category/5716/age-of-mythology/

21 for other eu version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Price is stupid, I agree. Even more stupid, when you consider games like Stronghold and Stronghold Crusade are both on GoG.com for pennies and both of those games are HD. Work perfect and I am enjoying it a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Anyone have any idea if there are many playing this online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Surely someone on here has played it any good?

I just got in so first chance to play the game but LoL All-Stars is on Twitch >_<. Will play as soon as I get a chance and leave feedback.

EDIT: In the mean time http://www.pcgamer.com/review/age-of-mythology-extended-edition-review/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Deeply tempted to buy this despite the exorbitant price tag, even though I put more hours into Ao2 and it was the better game of the two, there was something about AoM I really loved.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AndThatsAFact

Has anyone bought and played it? is there much of an improvement to the original?

Has anyone bought and played it? is there much of an improvement to the original?

I bought it. A little buggy but the big problem is a lack of people playing online.

is there much of a difference to the old one ? any new units or anything? is it worth buying?
    also any new games out like age of mythology or age of empires haven't played a rts since these came out years ago they were great games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I didn't have a copy of the old game anymore so I got it.

It's fairly good. No major problems I encountered. I'm only half way through the Greek campaign though.

Titan difficulty is incredibly hard. Either because the AI is very dumb or very clever - they have a habit of very cleverly suiciding units and it can be hard to out-micro them.

im gonna get it and give it a try, maybe an age of mythology extended edition forum for online??

• Advertisement

im gonna get it and give it a try, maybe an age of mythology extended edition forum on boards for online??

Advertisement