Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee machine in retail shop: Any licenses needed?

Options
  • 03-04-2014 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hey all.

We'll be opening our retail shop soon. Without getting into it, there will be customers hanging around for long periods of time during the day, so we're thinking of getting in a coffee machine, and of course charging for drinks.

Just wondering if I need any licenses, or any HACCP certs or anything? I'm sure there's some basic level of regulation to maintain, but is there anything else? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Apologies, we know nothing about this area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

No. HACCP only applies when food is served. Just keep the machine clean. If you don't want the maintenance hassles, look for one that uses cartridges like the Kenco machine below.

http://www.irishmerchants.com/irishmerchants/main/coffee-kenco-singleBrewer.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Was thinking about doing the same so good to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Cheers man. Good to know that there's one less thing I need to do paperwork for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

DubTony wrote: »
    No. HACCP only applies when food is served. Just keep the machine clean. If you don't want the maintenance hassles, look for one that uses cartridges like the Kenco machine below.

http://www.irishmerchants.com/irishmerchants/main/coffee-kenco-singleBrewer.htm

the OP plans to charge for drinks - I would never pay for "kenco" or any other type of freeze dried instant coffee.

If you expect to be busy get a rental agreement from a coffee supplier (Watermark, java republic, bewleys etc) or if you don't expect big volumes try lyreco for their nespresso options (different to the home machines and used by quite a few restaurants)

Advertisement