Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Further explanation as to why I was banned

Options
  • 03-04-2014 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

I posted in the personal issues forum with a thread titled "would you consider this abuse", which was shut down after 8 posts with the reason being "this is not a discussion forum" although the issue isn't resolved still and seemed perhaps a knee jerk reaction due to my opinions seeming unfavourable and not anything I had done wrong. It was a sensitive issue and I was really vexed so sent a private message asking for further explanation and stupidly titled it "what the F is the matter with you mods?" Another mod on the thread had accused me of being the abuser, but quickly changed the comment to say I was "disturbing" which quite frankly is unfounded given they don't know me and I didn't have a chance to explain myself.

For the PM I got a week ban, not really warranted in my opinion but an apology was due. I apologised via PM for saying "what the F" and again asked for clarification as to why the thread was shut down but got no response. As well as this all my forums and sub forums have been unfollowed down to a technical error? That may be a seperate issue but just wondering what happened there. Peeved at having the thread shut down as well as a ban for nothing I did wrong in the first place. I would like the thread to be reopened is possible.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's no ban or infraction from PI, so this isn't for DRP. If you have queries about the thread in PI and the handling, you should PM the PI mods. This is being closed accordingly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement