Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I be looking for in a health insurance policy?

Options
  • 03-04-2014 5:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

So, long story short, I'm young, only 17 years old. Once I become an adult and start having an income, I'd like to get a health insurance policy. I'm a fairly strict athlete, and have already had a number of injuries, all luckily minor, but I'd like to get health insurance due to my fairly high risk lifestyle. As I've seen people with non life threatening conditions on the public system, I've seen them waiting years for treatment, that's not a position I ever want to put myself in. I'm not concerned with luxuries, I don't want a private room if I ever have to stay in a hospital, I'm not too concerned with having access to private hospitals. My main concern is, if I do require treatment for something, that I can get it quickly, so what should I be looking for?

Advertisement