Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piano for Practice

Options
  • 03-04-2014 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all.
    I will be arriving at Dublin on April 23rd for an audition at the RIAM. However, I do not have a piano to practice and the audition will be held probably around the first two weeks of May. Do you guys know of any place where I can hire a rehearsal piano other than the Walton's music school? (10e/h seems too expensive if I am to practice 3h a day) Also if anyone would lend their piano to practice it would be great, we could arrange something as long as its cheaper that Walton's.
    Thank you all =)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Doshea3

You could probably make a deal with Walton's that it would be cheaper. Alternatively, you could ask the RIAM for a practice room, though their rooms are usually fully booked. Best to ask at the office and explain you need somewhere to practise for your audition. Unfortunately there are not many other places you can practise in Dublin.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Ring around the university music departments - TCD, UCD, DIT (both Rathmines and Chatham Row have practise rooms) all have spaces for students. If you explain your situation I'm sure they could help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Doshea3

I'd say DIT is a waste of time--they don't even have enough practice rooms for their students (and they're extremely strict about letting non-students into practice rooms--even alumni like me!).

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Carloskuzatko

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I'll have to ask around to see if any of them will lend me a space to practice, until then I'll stick with Walton's and try to make a deal with them =)

Advertisement