Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Rating After represented mortgage payment at start of following calender month

Options
  • 03-04-2014 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi
    My wife missed 2 mortgage payments with Bank of Ireland last year as the direct debit was coming out of her account at a bad time. It was represented a couple of days later and the payment was taken.
    Only thing is the Direct Debit is set up for the 30th of the month and both times it was represented payment was taken the start of the following calender month.

I know th banks usually do not report missed payments to the Irish Credit Bureau until they are 1 month behind but do they base this on calender month? and if so the does fact represented payments were taken the start of the following month mean it would be reported to the ICB?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

If you any an authoritative answer, ask your bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭jack_pearse

Can anyone help me with this query?
    Thanks
    Hi
    My wife missed 2 mortgage payments with Bank of Ireland last year as the direct debit was coming out of her account at a bad time. It was represented a couple of days later and the payment was taken.
    Only thing is the Direct Debit is set up for the 30th of the month and both times it was represented payment was taken the start of the following calender month.

I know th banks usually do not report missed payments to the Irish Credit Bureau until they are 1 month behind but do they base this on calender month? and if so the does fact represented payments were taken the start of the following month mean it would be reported to the ICB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Hi jack_pearse, [/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Thank you for contacting us here on boards.ie. [/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]As your questions are very much account specific, it would be best to have this explained in more detail by contacting one of our dedicated Mortgage experts. A Mortgage Advisor within your branch can provide the most relevant information in relation to your concerns. [/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]If your wife wishes to make any alterations to when the direct debit is presented, please advise her to call the Mortgage Team on 01 611 33 33 and a representative will be more than happy to assist.[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Please see this link for contact details of your branch.[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]We hope this helps and if we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. [/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Thanks,

[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Elaine

[/font]

Advertisement