Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment in Ballymun

Options
  • 03-04-2014 9:10am

Hi guys,

I'm just about to move into an apt in Santry Cross/Ballmun.

I was wondering if any of you had any experience with property around that area and if there were many security concerns?

I am just hesitant to sign the lease until I am comfortable that it will be safe enough for me and and my young daughter to live there.

There is a security guard with an Alsation there at night which gives a little peace of mind, but also begs the question of why he is needed.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I can't comment on Santry Cross as I've never lived there, but I know when I viewed a place there a few years ago the estate agent told me there was a problem with all the windows in the development not being sealed properly allowing a build up of damp around the windowsills. We were told it was going to be sorted in the next few months so presumably it has been corrected but it could be worth asking.

I live near enough there and I find it grand. Same as anywhere else, if you don't bother people then they don't bother you. If you're walking down to the Supervalu at night it can be a bit intimidating with groups of teenagers hanging around but you'd get that anywhere. Ballymun has a bad rep that isn't entirely deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭skulltown

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Looked into Santry Cross about a year ago but found information about junkies hanging about in stairways, teenagers drinking, rubbish left all over the place and cars being broken into regularly so steered clear. Check the development on www.neighbours.ue

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I worked in a few of the new estates around a couple of years ago. I would actively avoid living in Ballymun to be honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Not a nice place and a pretty terrible bus service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

chopper6 wrote: »
    Not a nice place and a pretty terrible bus service.

Wut?? It's on two of the main bus routes in the city... the 4 and 13/13A...

I've lived in Santry Cross, on both the hotel side of the road and the other side nearer to the Ballymun flats.

If it's any of the ones on the side of the hotel, fire away. It's gated, and a lot more secure and just feels nicer.

If on the other side, stay well clear. Kids abseiling down the side of my apartment, rubbish left outside peoples doors to rot. Blood splattered on walls from junkies. Lift in the Turnpike constantly broken.

Advertisement