Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airplay Question

• 03-04-2014 10:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

We have a number of AppleTVs here at work, all connected to the same segment. We have a wireless network that allows presenters to connect to these AppleTV's to stream content.
    However when I connect either an iPAD (IOS 7.1) or my iPhone 5 (IOS 7.0.4) to the wifi network, I cant see the Airplay option at all. All thats showing up in the Control Centre is the Airdrop icon.

Just wondering if someone could offer some advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭whippet

Hi folks,

We have a number of AppleTVs here at work, all connected to the same segment. We have a wireless network that allows presenters to connect to these AppleTV's to stream content.
    However when I connect either an iPAD (IOS 7.1) or my iPhone 5 (IOS 7.0.4) to the wifi network, I cant see the Airplay option at all. All thats showing up in the Control Centre is the Airdrop icon.

Just wondering if someone could offer some advice?

are you sure you are on the same wifi as the AppleTVs? could there be two WiFi networks .. internal and guest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

whippet wrote: »
    are you sure you are on the same wifi as the AppleTVs? could there be two WiFi networks .. internal and guest?

Hi whippet, the apple TV's are actually wired via ethernet cable, but are on the network as the wireless segment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

Is Home Sharing turned on on all devices, and are they all using the same AppleID?

Ok so to add another weird one into it. I just tried with an iphone 5 and it works no bother playing a youtube clip - airplay icon appears. An iPAD 2 on the same network, running the same youtube clip doesnt display the airplay icon at all

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

Ok so to add another weird one into it. I just tried with an iphone 5 and it works no bother playing a youtube clip - airplay icon appears. An iPAD 2 on the same network, running the same youtube clip doesnt display the airplay icon at all

Are all devices up to date in terms of the iOS version?

• Advertisement

macgabhs wrote: »
    Are all devices up to date in terms of the iOS version?

Yes they've all been updated to the latest IOS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Is VPN turned on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Sometimes, depending on the device, it takes a couples of attempts at playing a media file for the airplay icon to become available.

try it with a mp3 stored on the device, it should allow you to do it after the 2nd or 3rd go. it's like the device has to "cop on" to the fact that airplay is available.

Advertisement