Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag Rugby

• 03-04-2014 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I play on a tag rugby team in Limerick. We are currently playing Wednesday nights in UL but would like to do some training on Monday evenings as well.

Unfortunately we can't get enough players from our own team to get a match going amongst ourselves so I was wondering, are there any other teams out there who might fancy a short training match on Mondays about 6:15pm?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

A group of us go out there on Monday's too although we'll be there at 7pm so even if we dont have enough numbers, we could join up. If you do go out and you dont have enough numbers, just go up and ask any of the teams, most will let ye in unless they have too many themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fibus

Thanks McLove. Unfortunately 7pm is too late for us (6:30pm is probably the latest because some of our team have to get home to kids) but thanks for the offer.

We might take our chances and see what teams are hanging around but it would be nice to have something arranged beforehand so that even if we have 7 or 8 players we can still get some sort of game going with another team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭horsebox7

Hi,

I had a look on astro.ie and ITRA but can't seem to find a tag team in my local area (D16). Anyone know of anyone team looking for a male player.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

horsebox7 wrote: »
    Hi,

I had a look on astro.ie and ITRA but can't seem to find a tag team in my local area (D16). Anyone know of anyone team looking for a male player.

Thanks

Think this is more suited to Dublin County South Forum or Rugby forum. I think the closest to you would be either UCD or Clonskeagh for Tag Rugby. There are not as many leagues and venues in the Autumn and Winter months as most rugby clubs who rent out their pitches to tag rugby want to solely concentrate on their own clubs efforts. If you wait around until the Spring and Summer leagues you will have a lot more choice. ITRA are a great crowd, even if there are no available spots listed online, give them a call and I'm sure they will be able to accomadate you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭horsebox7

Thanks. I might chance giving ITRA a call.

• Advertisement
Advertisement