Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ride on lawnmower or small tractor & topper?

• 03-04-2014 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi All,

I’m looking for some advice – I have recently finished building a house and I’m starting to think about the garden! I’m going to have somewhere between 1.5 and 2 acres of lawn. What are you recommendations with regard equipment to cut it? Ride on lawnmower or small tractor and topper??

With the tractor and topper option do you have any recommendations on a topper that leaves a good finish? Any downsides to not collecting the grass if I go with the tractor and topper option?? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

Matt406 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I’m looking for some advice – I have recently finished building a house and I’m starting to think about the garden! I’m going to have somewhere between 1.5 and 2 acres of lawn. What are you recommendations with regard equipment to cut it? Ride on lawnmower or small tractor and topper??

With the tractor and topper option do you have any recommendations on a topper that leaves a good finish? Any downsides to not collecting the grass if I go with the tractor and topper option?? Thanks.
    Afaiaa noone uses toppers for lawns, unless you want the rough/rustic look, go with a ride on.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Matt406

Afaiaa noone uses toppers for lawns, unless you want the rough/rustic look, go with a ride on.

When I say topper I had something like a Major 6000 Groundsman Roller Mower in mind! Any other options or should I just go ride on lawnmower?? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

Matt406 wrote: »
    When I say topper I had something like a Major 6000 Groundsman Roller Mower in mind! Any other options or should I just go ride on lawnmower?? Thanks.
    Yea I think if you already have a tractor then it's probably a viable option, only you can decide really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭handandy

saw this ad in one of the newspapers this morning while having my breakfast . might be of some use to you . http://dublingrass.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 40 damo244

Hi firstly its down to your budget then look at engine size for the area your cutting 16hp to 18hp would handle the size quite easy then if the area has hills if over 4% incline some mowers cant cope as its bad for the engine as the engine can get starved of oil and bang a new engine can cost up to €1000 to replace so choose wisely.
    Take a look at the AL-KO T20 and T23 the T23 has a 50" deck. again its down to your budget
    have a look on lawnmowerspares.ie
    Happy hunting

• Advertisement
Advertisement