Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kasabian Cork, Limerick, Galway and Derry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,683 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I still rue the fact I was gone away the weekend this was announced. I saw them back in 2010 but would love the chance to see them properly again, as a more mature music fan!

Any pair/trio of spares I would greatly appreciate, I know it could be unlikely tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭GaryByrne

I'm trying to get rid of one ticket for the Galway show pm if anyone wants it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

That new track is fairly shocking

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

BadTurtle wrote: »
    That new track is fairly shocking

Yea as a massive fan of them , i dont know what to make of the new track. Hopefully the album will be better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Yea as a massive fan of them , i dont know what to make of the new track. Hopefully the album will be better

I hate it but cannot stop listening to it. Damn its catchy-ness. I also hated Switchblade Smiles when it came out though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

First listen is a bit WTF

But it's growing on me

A lot better than the other new song, Explodes

I hate it but cannot stop listening to it. Damn its catchy-ness. I also hated Switchblade Smiles when it came out though!

Ah i loved Velociraptor (the album) a lot more then WRLA and felt all those songs came off really well live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

First listen is a bit WTF

But it's growing on me

A lot better than the other new song, Explodes

i dunno i quite like explodes very old school first album vibe crossed with i hear voices from their last album

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I thought Velociraptor was by far their weakest, a lot of songs ripping off the Beatles and the Kinks, and not very well either.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    I thought Velociraptor was by far their weakest, a lot of songs ripping off the Beatles and the Kinks, and not very well either.

Its a proper singles album I think serge described it as a jukebox album but it does sounds great live. I dunno I still rank empire as the weakest followed by velociraptor with wrla in second and their debut kasabian is just bloody fantastic

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    Its a proper singles album I think serge described it as a jukebox album but it does sounds great live. I dunno I still rank empire as the weakest followed by velociraptor with wrla in second and their debut kasabian is just bloody fantastic

Agreed Empire was a fairly weak album bar Empire and Shoot The Runner.

Id go with (weakest wise)

1. Empire
    2. WRLA
    3. Velociraptor
    4. Kasabian

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Agreed Empire was a fairly weak album bar Empire and Shoot The Runner.

Id go with (weakest wise)

1. Empire
    2. WRLA
    3. Velociraptor
    4. Kasabian

I think Empire is slightly underrated actually. 'Stuntman' and 'By My Side' are great tunes, they're a bit minimalist which I understand a lot of fans mightnt have liked, but I thought sonically it was pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Anyone know if there'll be support acts at any of the gigs? or just pure unadulterated Kasabian all the way?

re: the new song - didn't blow me away on first listen but most of my favourite music never does.

My preference would be

1. Kasabian
    2. WRPLA
    3. Velociraptor
    4. Empire

Close between the first 2, at the time when WRPLA came out I was probably going through the best time of my life and I was listening to it a lot so will always bring back good memories for me. Also I think that tour was the best I have seen them live (seen them at least once on each tour)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there'll be support acts at any of the gigs? or just pure unadulterated Kasabian all the way?

re: the new song - didn't blow me away on first listen but most of my favourite music never does.

Yea irish band o emperor. They're very good. Def worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Empire was what introduced me to Kasabian, I really enjoyed that album.

But their debut album ''Kasabian'' is probably my favourite.

I really like all their albums but probably haven't spent as much time listening to Velociraptor as the rest.

Serious/Electronic Kasabian is much better than 'geezer happy' Kasabian. 'Eez-eh' is harder to listen to the more I do, and I'd consider myself a big fan of them. 'Velociraptor' didn't have the same repeat listens for me as all the other albums really.

Hopefully 'Eez-eh' is just a radio single rather than what the album is like.

Corholio wrote: »
    Serious/Electronic Kasabian is much better than 'geezer happy' Kasabian. 'Eez-eh' is harder to listen to the more I do, and I'd consider myself a big fan of them. 'Velociraptor' didn't have the same repeat listens for me as all the other albums really.

Hopefully 'Eez-eh' is just a radio single rather than what the album is like.

You should listen to explodes another song of the new album and much better than ezz eh. Has me very excited for 48:13

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

You should listen to explodes another song of the new album and much better than ezz eh. Has me very excited for 48:13

Good call! Explodes it an awesome track, that's old school Kasabian right there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcEs_BQddGM

Oh listened to it alright and good track definitely. It was sort of the point with the Serious/Electronic side of Kasabian that I prefer. More of that and I'd be very content definitely.

• Advertisement

another new song Bumblebee debuted live last night in France and its ****ing great. also like the black skinhead intro into shoot the runner :D

Ah would love to be going to one of their Irish shows :( Have'nt missed a show of theirs over here since i first seen them support Faithless in 2006 :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭44thservice

Ah would love to be going to one of their Irish shows :( Have'nt missed a show of theirs over here since i first seen them support Faithless in 2006 :(

awww poor furious :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Looking forward to the gig in Galway next Saturday night, the hotels are seriously expensive though, really struggling to find anything reasonable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

lc180 wrote: »
    Looking forward to the gig in Galway next Saturday night, the hotels are seriously expensive though, really struggling to find anything reasonable!

Agree with u there mate!
    Booked the connacht hotel for €99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Agree with u there mate!
    Booked the connacht hotel for €99.

That's a bargain! I'm looking at about 150 a night now for most hotels anyway close to Eyre Square. Even my usual cheap option of the Travellodge is 120 at the moment and that's a good trek outside town.

I should have booked earlier.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

lc180 wrote: »
    That's a bargain! I'm looking at about 150 a night now for most hotels anyway close to Eyre Square. Even my usual cheap option of the Travellodge is 120 at the moment and that's a good trek outside town.

I should have booked earlier.....

Ye can stay in my spare room if ye get me a ticket ;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

folks - I have two spare tix for Galway - PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

4 Tickets for the Cork show - Row A of the Dress Circle if anyone fancies them. 35euro each and Hardcopies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 ernie81

If anyone has 2 spare tickets for Limerick gig PM me please

Advertisement