Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know about theonestophomebrewshop.com

Options
  • 03-04-2014 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I used to brew my own beer and I've a degree in chemistry so i decided to get back into it. Placed an order with theonestophomebrewshop last week and there is no sign of it or reply to either my mails or to filling in the "contact me" form
    i broke my own rule by ordering off a site with no phone number and now i'm a sad Tigger

Has anyone dealt with them? Will the stuff arrive eventually?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Tigger wrote: »
    Hi, I used to brew my own beer and I've a degree in chemistry so i decided to get back into it. Placed an order with theonestophomebrewshop last week and there is no sign of it or reply to either my mails or to filling in the "contact me" form
    i broke my own rule by ordering off a site with no phone number and now i'm a sad Tigger

Has anyone dealt with them? Will the stuff arrive eventually?

Thanks

Sorry but I've never heard of them and I've been brewing a while.

Bw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I have never heard of them myself, I see the site is registered to an address in Barnaculla, Sandyford.

if they no longer exist and you are still located in the west and live near Galway then www.homebrewest.ie are in Galway with both a walk-in shop and mail order.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

One of the menu options on their website is "Beer, Lager and Stout". They must be cowboys! :P

On a more serious note, if you paid by paypal you could raise a dispute claim?

http://whois.net/whois/theonestophomebrewshop.com shows their address as being in Barnacullia, Sandyford. Google maps shows that this is a house. You could doorstep them if you're close enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

fobster wrote: »
    One of the menu options on their website is "Beer, Lager and Stout". They must be cowboys! :P

On a more serious note, if you paid by paypal you could raise a dispute claim?

http://whois.net/whois/theonestophomebrewshop.com shows their address as being in Barnacullia, Sandyford. Google maps shows that this is a house. You could doorstep them if you're close enough!

I love boards :)
    not gonna doorstep them, cos i live in Sligo but I've taken the advise on thread and raised a dispute

where should i use once this is sorted ? homebrewwest.ie are in Galway have a shop and even give a number even if it is mobile.

are they any good?

I have never heard of them myself, I see the site is registered to an address in Barnaculla, Sandyford.

if they no longer exist and you are still located in the west and live near Galway then www.homebrewest.ie are in Galway with both a walk-in shop and mail order.

I read threads backwards but that answers my question thanks

• Advertisement

I read threads backwards but that answers my question thanks

No Problem, I live up their direction and hope they do exist as it would be very handy!

well a box arrived so i'm hoping its ok
    rotton communication

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

well a box arrived so i'm hoping its ok
    rotton communication

I'm surprised! What's the result?

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    I'm surprised! What's the result?

cant open it now but i'm optimistic
    i'll let ye know after work

cant open it now but i'm optimistic
    i'll let ye know after work

Interesting! Let us know!

• Advertisement

So everything came
    Review ; if you like dealing with the electronically mute these guys will deliver slowly and at a good price
    4/5 wil not use again

Sounds like theonetimehomebrewshop.com would be more suitable!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Never heard of them. Terrible website and with ads too?

The places I trust the most are:
    http://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/ (largest range for advanced AG brewers)
    http://www.homebrewwest.ie/ (generally great for kits and extract)
    http://geterbrewed.ie/ (NI based, haven't used but many I know have)

All of which offer 5% discounts to NHC and Beoir members.

ok i opened up what i got over the weekend and the goods had best before dates ranging from 2010-2012

so i'll definatly stay away in future

Cash-in cowboys!

update

so i contacted them by mail and got this response
    my sincerest apologies, I can't understand how that happened, I have already
    requested that a new Coopers Lager is delivered. I will send a second as an
    apology

so i don't know how i feel
    i'm gonna say they are new and by making up for their mistakes maybe they show potential

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Has the apology arrived yet? ;)

Has the apology arrived yet? ;)

no

So the two cans of coopers euro larger arrived today
    I'm gonna do a toucan so if anyone has a back for a strong beer with two cans of coopers euro bavey a strong IPA type
    I have larger yeast bock yeast and I'm happy to drink enough ale to culture up an ale yeast

Advertisement