Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 day immersion timer

Options
  • 03-04-2014 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69,057 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this should be here or Heating & Plumbing...

Where can I, over the counter preferably, get a reliable 7 day immersion timer?

The debadged Masterplug unit that B&Q sell is incredibly unreliable as well as finicky and difficult to use. New from pack one won't actually switch on either at its set time or using the manual override.

Other consumer DIY shops don't seem to even sell them. McKenna Electrical have none in stock (and seemed pricey enough but at this stage that's less important). Barretts Maynooth don't sell them at all.

I have a flappy-pin 24h timer which I can put back in but its also a Masterplug lump; and is missing a fairly major feature - namely the ability to set it to off without losing your programming. And it'll leave me heating water on weekend mornings needlessly again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

check out some of the electrical wholesalers listed here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055193263

• Registered Users Posts: 69,057 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Eventually got a nice enough albeit very pricey Sangamo unit with a boost timer option out in ND in Stoneybatter, after being told by PH Ross that they had them when they didn't (mistook a 24hr for a 7 day). Checking online the ESB have it for a whopping 1c less with all the advantages of waiting a week or so...

Boost timer puts it on for a bit longer than I would normally do it by about 5 mins, but the amount of times its been left on from 10pm to 3am due to leaving it on leaving for the pub I think it'll still pay for itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,092 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Any Plumbing suppliers would have a large selection. I would stay away from the big DIY stores for stuff like this. They usually don't have good quality stuff & its twice the price.

Advertisement