Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sterling exchange

Options
  • 03-04-2014 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if there is much point exchanging €100 into sterling in my local branch when I can also withdraw it from an atm in the UK?

Just wondering if there is much of a cost/saving difference?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi limerick85,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards

When you are exchanging cash for a foreign currency at a branch, there will be a daily exchange rate applied. You can find the daily exchange rates here 
    This is a charge for purchasing the currency which is 1% of the transaction value with a minimum charge of €1.25 and the maximum is €6.35. 

There is a cross border handling fee when you use your VISA Debit card to withdraw foreign currency at an ATM. This would be 3.5% of the transaction value with the minimum charge of €3.17 and a maximum of €11.43. When withdrawing foreign currency with your VISA Debit card, the exchange rate is determined by VISA. You can find their daily exchange rates here

I hope this is clearer for you and if you need help with any other query please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭limerick85

Thanks, so I would be better getting from the bank from the sounds of it?

I want to query a transaction on my account. I ran out of credit this morning while holding for banking 365 and now the email function on the website doesn't seem to be working.

How can I get someone to contact me?

My number is <snip>

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi limerick85, 

Thanks for posting.

Apologies for the amount of time you spent on the phone. 

We do not have access to a/c details at this department. 
    To query a transaction, please use the Ask a Question option from your 365 Online Service Desk inbox and a representative will offer assistance. 

We would strongly recommend you remove your mobile number from your post as soon as possible. 

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement