Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tom Waits tour?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Tom Waits has signed to booking agent William Morris Endeavor sparking rumours of a new tour.

Hopefully Dublin will be included if it happens, the Phoenix Park shows in 2008 were amazing.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/tom-waits-raises-hopes-for-live-shows-after-signing-to-booking-agent-9235461.html

The gigs may have been amazing, the venue was sh!te however. Hopefully if it does happen they'll book a proper venue this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

blastman wrote: »
    The gigs may have been amazing, the venue was sh!te however. Hopefully if it does happen they'll book a proper venue this time.

There's no pleasing some people :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

blastman wrote: »

I thought the Marquee in the Phoenix Park was grand for the show. The only problem was the dreadful weather that took place during the dates, like a swamp. Still love to see him live again, loved the performance of "Eyeball Kid" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

There's no pleasing some people :pac:

If you were any way back at all (and it's not like you could specify a seat from what was available) the view was awful, but you were still paying the same exhorbitant price, or close to it.

Don't get me wrong, I love Tom Waits and I waited a long time to see him, but Ratkellar sums the venue up nicely. The Marquee in Cork does the whole gig-in-a-tent thing way, way better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

Was the tent used not the same one as The Marquee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

No, the Cork tent is/was much smaller, and - in my experience - is a superb venue.
    I don't dispute that the weather was dire for the Phoenix Park concerts (particularly on the first night), but I became very revisionist, very quickly about those Ratcellar shows, and I think they were a con. Premium prices for a giant tent, and no difference between Block A (the floor) and Block B (the tiered seats way at the back)? €131.25 for both? Nonsense.
    Also, they were sold without a seating plan being available, which was ridiculous. You shouldn't be buying blind for shows that are that expensive, especially in a venue that size.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

I thought the Marquee in the Phoenix Park was grand for the show. The only problem was the dreadful weather that took place during the dates, like a swamp. Still love to see him live again, loved the performance of "Eyeball Kid" :D

Thanks.

Advertisement