Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QCA Confusion

• 03-04-2014 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I was recently viewing my student transcripts, and I am completely confused as to how it is laid out in regards to ECTS credits.

I know that most modules in UL carry 6 credits per module.

However, on my transcript, it states for a number of modules: credits taken:3 credits awarded: 3.

Can anybody clear this up for me? :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Some modules earn less credits. Simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

i have 6 3 credit modules which is a pain because you still have to put in the work for them. Which means that by the time I finish in May I will have theoretically done an extra semester. They are not easy modules.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭neo2010

I have on my transcript for example, EC4101 (Microeconomics) - which according to both my transcript and the book of modules has a credit value of 6, and it just says ''Credits awarded: 3, Credits Taken 3''.

I got a good grade in the module, surely I must have been awarded the 6?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

If you think it's an error, raise it with SAA. They're the people who organise all this stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭neo2010

Thanks Chimaera,

I suppose I will - it just seems very peculiar how it's worded in regards to credits awarded and taken.

I was thinking do you add the two together to make 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

neo2010 wrote: »
    I have on my transcript for example, EC4101 (Microeconomics) - which according to both my transcript and the book of modules has a credit value of 6, and it just says ''Credits awarded: 3, Credits Taken 3''.

I got a good grade in the module, surely I must have been awarded the 6?

Last I remember, the introductory economics modules are 3 credits. They're typically first year modules so your grade in them isn't weighted into your final QCA.

EDIT: According to the UL module book, it's worth 6 credits now... It used to be worth 3 credits before 2008

Advertisement