Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2015 Boards Draft

Options
  • 03-04-2014 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

With the playoffs underway, many teams will be looking ahead to the 2015 draft.

People obviously won't give away any gems they've found while scouting, but have you been scouting throughout the season and what sort of positions are you targeting?

For the Saints, I thankfully don't have a huge amount of needs with A and B ratings across the board on all offensive and defensive positions, but I would like to get younger and faster at MLB and get a starting caliber RB due to Sproles constant injury problems.

As this upcoming season is our last there's not really any scope for developing players from the lower rounds, so I think I'll just focus on hitting on starters in the first two or three rounds and take best player available or cover for other positions from there.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

No scouting is more of a last hour before the draft thing for me. No point at this stage, don't know who I'll be able to sign, what free agents I'll pick up or even my draft position yet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yep no scouting at all, need to see what i can get in FA first.

I'll be looking at

OLB
    Safety
    and maybe TE

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Yeah, free agency will tell a lot as if I pick up a MLB and RB in free agency it allows me to just take best player available throughout each of the rounds or focus on another unapparent need.

I do think it's worth spending time on scouting though. I picked up four starting calibre players last year (fair enough, three of my picks were shocking :pac:) and all were players who I had found by scouting. I got two C's (rated 90 and 81 now), a FS (rated high 80's now) and a WR (rated 83 now and a quality returner to boot). That really helped my team out a lot as C and FS were big positions of need.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Ive no money for FA so draft is where its at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Not a lot of cap space so have been doing scouting since week 3

Looking for:
    CB
    DT
    OG

I want a top returner too!

Was extremly happy with my last draft and by end of the regular season my draftees were:
    1st CB 84
    2nd RT 87
    3rd LE 78
    5th QB 76
    7th CB 71

4th & 6th were scrubs and got cut!

I have 10 picks entering this draft including the Saints 2nd rounder. I'm hoping the Saints go one and done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Pretty sure I have huge amounts of cap space but I'm looking at DL and OL mainly. I could use a could LB too so I'll have to see who I can get in FA

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Might be looking at another corner, even though I've a few. Joint second INT man, Fletcher, I think is hitting free agency, and that's a press coverage hole that will need to be filled.

Other than that, I've a fairly solid bunch to work from. Much of my work was carried out last off season, I believe.

I've saved up a lot of scouting points, so may do some research over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Knex. wrote: »
    Might be looking at another corner, even though I've a few. Joint second INT man, .

Most of them INTs from me id say :D

QB Needed in Indianapolis, Newton has left and Vick has retired, Colts season already over.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

QB Needed in Indianapolis, Newton has left and Vick has retired, Colts season already over.
    I think its a good draft for QB's though.

Chiefs have picks 5,9 and 32 in the 1st round,might do a mock draft too.

*Chiefs will trade away their whole 1st round

• Advertisement

Ive scouted the QB's, didnt take into account that only 1 of my players would re-sign. So the draft is now worthless for me as i dont know who i'll be picking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Ive scouted the QB's, didnt take into account that only 1 of my players would re-sign. So the draft is now worthless for me as i dont know who i'll be picking

Mike Glennon available for trade rated 90 as is josh freeman rated 97

Not sure i can afford either of them to be honest, Freeman i'd love but hes a hefty contract, The Colts are on a budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Glennon is on a rookie contract, so his pay is peanuts compared to freeman. I'm actually considering rolling with Glennon for the year. As I noticed no difference between the 2 when I used him in week 17

empacher wrote: »
    Glennon is on a rookie contract, so his pay is peanuts compared to freeman. I'm actually considering rolling with Glennon for the year. As I noticed no difference between the 2 when I used him in week 17

Yeah i see Glennons contract now i could definitely afford him....just about.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Jackie battle retired along with my FS mikell, both of whom I have 1 season extra in the pro.

Frank gore and boldin retire so does Reggie Wayne

Jackie battle retired along with my FS mikell, both of whom I have 1 season extra in the pro.

Frank gore and boldin retire so does Reggie Wayne

Reggie Retired last season, Vick retiring is a huge loss

Reggie Retired last season, Vick retiring is a huge loss
    I may have forgot to buy the retirement package for him :o

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I may have forgot to buy the retirement package for him :o

Dont tell lies, you said to youself ''i took him from Rocky last season and now i'll retire him on Rocky.

Dont tell lies, you said to youself ''i took him from Rocky last season and now i'll retire him on Rocky.
    fu53149ecc.gif

• Advertisement

Is it possible to set a draft board now or do I have to wait until we advance at FA?

I've been googling but can't find an answer, thanks

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Is it possible to set a draft board now or do I have to wait until we advance at FA?

I've been googling but can't find an answer, thanks

I'm almost sure you have to wait mate. I've never seen an option for a draft board until the advancement just before it. I'm open to correction on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

What time is the advance at tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Raoul wrote: »
    What time is the advance at tonight?

8:30, draft @ 9

As above, so everyone will have 30 mins or so to think about where they want to go in the draft after getting their final FAs

I'll be on the mic tonight but below is a chatroom if anyone needs it.

Might be handy for the guys who can't get on the mic to have a bit of banter during the draft or even if those on the mic want to set up a trade with those without one or something (and vice-versa).

I know it was a good laugh on there for the last draft, especially when Pudsy wasn't happy that I grabbed Keithen Vincent 1 pick ahead of him :pac:

http://us10.chatzy.com/29321561698451

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

8:30, draft @ 9

Any chance we can get the advance at 8pm or earlier?
    Have footy at 830 and would like to set my draft board b4

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

guns4all wrote: »
    Any chance we can get the advance at 8pm or earlier?
    Have footy at 830 and would like to set my draft board b4

Last thing I need is the CPU drafting me more DEs like last season!!

Yep can advance at 8

• Advertisement

guns4all wrote: »
    Last thing I need is the CPU drafting me more DEs like last season!!

3 kickers and a punter coming to your franchise :pac:

Advertisement