Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2015 Boards Draft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Yep can advance at 8

Ah no! Earliest I can get back to my house is probably half 7. That leaves me with maybe, 20 mins to get through Free Agency and scouting that I need to do.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Knex. wrote: »
    Ah no! Earliest I can get back to my house is probably half 7. That leaves me with maybe, 20 mins to get through Free Agency and scouting that I need to do.

Ok we'll split the difference 8:15 will be the advance

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Those that have scouted, do you know who you are targeting yet?

I have my 3 main guys earmarked (I'll surely get one of them in the first!) and a couple of lower round gems. It seems a much poorer draft than last year though from what I've scouted.

I don't have any huge positions of need though so I'm not sure if many of my drafted guys will see much playing time, it's more to fill out the squad and get to 53 really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Paully D wrote: »
    Those that have scouted, do you know who you are targeting yet?

I have my 3 main guys earmarked (I'll surely get one of them in the first!) and a couple of lower round gems. It seems a much poorer draft than last year though from what I've scouted.

I don't have any huge positions of need though so I'm not sure if many of my drafted guys will see much playing time, it's more to fill out the squad and get to 53 really.

Have some definite targets although who I take depends on how FA goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Asking GMs to give away their plans while you don't say your own

Sly Paully, sly ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm not sure yet to be honest...

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Asking GMs to give away their plans while you don't say your own

Sly Paully, sly ;)

The mark of a good GM, Mike. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Ok we'll split the difference 8:15 will be the advance

Yeah thats fine. Only really need 5mins to set the board.
    Quick question: How do I do that? Will it allow me to tell the CPU my preferred order?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

8.15 is better. I need time to scout some players after JJ Watts leaves me with over 10 mill in cap space that I have nowhere to invest. Smith aswell. This free agency is either going to be immense or absolute crap.

guns4all wrote: »
    Yeah thats fine. Only really need 5mins to set the board.
    Quick question: How do I do that? Will it allow me to tell the CPU my preferred order?

Yep, you can set a draft board mate. I think it's a setting on the home page once the advancement happens. If not, it's in some sort of draft option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Unless something happens before the draft, I think its fair to say i need a QB

Unless something happens before the draft, I think its fair to say i need a QB

Plenty of them in this draft mate, no idea if they're any good as I haven't scouted them but lots of them have 1st or 2nd round grades. What number are you picking at?

I might try and get a mock draft up before tonight actually. If I get off here, stop procrastinating and get my work done it might help :pac:

im pick 17 paully, not expecting to get the player i want, hes projected to go early and dont think he'll reach me.

The Draft has started eek

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Half an hour to decide my pick lol.
    Mattio Young already gone,I'm open to offers for pick 3 btw

PerrinV2 wrote: »

Whats your Interests

Ive paused it just to let people to their draft boards, im off to make some tea!

Whats your Interests
    Well after Dez Byant rejected me,WR tops my list.

On a side note for anyones interest,the Chargers will either be going WR,LT or QB with pick 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Watching game of thrones and drafting madden it's the little things in life.

Willing to do a package which includes my 1st rounder (pick #27) for a top HB if anyone wants to do something.

• Advertisement

Struggling to make a decision here :pac:

Post draft ill be striaght into FA.. Ill be going for a QB!

Post draft ill be striaght into FA.. Ill be going for a QB!
    Suddenly Alex Smith becomes the most popular man in the world

Suddenly Alex Smith becomes the most popular man in the world

Even those with a decent QB will probably take him if they can :pac:

Might be an idea for next year to make these FA selections run on draft order, so the human player with the lowest record gets first choice, second lowest gets second choice etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Even those with a decent QB will probably take him if they can :pac:

Might be an idea for next year to make these FA selections run on draft order, so the human player with the lowest record gets first choice, second lowest gets second choice etc etc.

Did we do this in the first season?

yep we did, the only issue with that is that it can take an age to get through

I'll be on the mic tonight but below is a chatroom if anyone needs it.

Might be handy for the guys who can't get on the mic to have a bit of banter during the draft or even if those on the mic want to set up a trade with those without one or something (and vice-versa).

I know it was a good laugh on there for the last draft, especially when Pudsy wasn't happy that I grabbed Keithen Vincent 1 pick ahead of him :pac:

http://us10.chatzy.com/29321561698451
    4 of us in here atm if ppl wanna join.

Also even though I've had 30 minutes to make my pick,I'm still gonna use the extra 2

Well after Dez Byant rejected me,WR tops my list.

Well Perrin today is your Lucky day, Darius Heyward-Bey is your man, I'll propose it now so you dont miss out ;)

Well Perrin today is your Lucky day, Darius Heyward-Bey is your man, I'll propose it now so you dont miss out ;)
    I'll trade ya for him

• Advertisement

I'll trade ya for him

What? I was messing, I cant afford his release penalty :(

Advertisement