Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2015 Boards Draft

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

What? I was messing, I cant afford his release penalty :(
    Ah nuts,just shows how much a need a WR though lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Is there a chat room where we can type praise for wise picks and pour scorn on dodgy picks? :)

I think I saw a link earlier today but can't find it now

Edit: answered above ^^^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Serious value in cbs in first round, I scouted a few, hopefully CPU does me proud :-(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

draft started

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Vikings took my QB in 2nd round, 8 picks away from me...devastated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Vikings took my QB in 2nd round, 8 picks away from me...devastated

Should've kept Schaub, he had that screen play down pat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Every player I had down to pick in the first 4 rounds have being drafted, incl mt 2nd choice for each round. I've literally just picked the top graded player each round

Should've kept Schaub, he had that screen play down pat.

10mil in cap space said differently! Adrian took my WR is 1st round as well even tho he was project in 3rd round :P

empacher wrote: »
    Every player I had down to pick in the first 4 rounds have being drafted, incl mt 2nd choice for each round. I've literally just picked the top graded player each round
    The dangers of picking second last in each round though I guess,I've been there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

10mil in cap space said differently! Adrian took my WR is 1st round as well even tho he was project in 3rd round :P

:D

• Advertisement

I got who i wanted in the 1st round, but the rest is lucky dip, cos i'd scouted alot of QB's for this but then managed to pick up Foles in a trade so this is just making up the 53 now and hope to find a little star in the process

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

How did it go for you then lads? No big needs so best player available the whole way for me:

Signed a Lonnie Hixon (CB) in round 1. 88 MCV, 86 press, 78 play recognition. Only 74 on zone but looks a good player. I'm pretty loaded at the position and barely had him scouted but he was rated top 10 and fell to me so I pulled the trigger after my main lads were gone.

Traded my 2nd away for Haloti Ngata last season, along with a 6th and 7th but somehow I still had my 7th? Strange one Madden.

3rd round went best player available again, Joshua Hudson (DE). 77 OVR, 78 block shedding, 85 tackle, 80 speed. 4th round the same, another end, this time Je-Marc Byrd. 77 OVR again, 73 block shedding, 72 tackle, but he's as slow as tar.

4th round I had no scouting done on any of the players so took the highest rated receiver on Madden, he had a 3rd round grade, ended up being a 75 OVR, 88 spectacular catch, 79 catching, 78 catch in traffic and 86 speed.

Took a terrible HB in the 5th and with my 7th Mr Irrelevant was a terrible safety.

Not a bad haul in a poor draft but I doubt any of my players will see enough playing time to develop enough with this being our last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

1st round - Heard MLB 80 Looks a super young player. Was graded for the 2nd round but taken at 21
    2nd round - Stanley CB 72
    2nd round - Kirwan LG 67
    3rd round - Falls CB 63
    4th round - Adeshina HB 63
    5th round - Klaire LT 66
    6th round - Hiller P 71
    6th round - Stumph K 74
    7th round - Hymes DT 68
    7th round - Storey FB 53

I was very happy with the Ravens draft last year. This, not so much :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

mikemac1 wrote: »
    1st round - Heard MLB 80 Looks a super young player. Was graded for the 2nd round but taken at 21

He was my #1 target. I think he's the pick of the 1st round to be honest. You'll have hit at 90 OVR in no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

mikemac1 wrote: »
    2nd round - Stanley CB 72
    2nd round - Kirwan LG 67
    3rd round - Falls CB 63
    4th round - Adeshina HB 63
    5th round - Klaire LT 66
    6th round - Hiller P 71
    6th round - Stumph K 74
    7th round - Hymes DT 68
    7th round - Storey FB 53

I was very happy with the Ravens draft last year. This, not so much :/

I did better than that and I wasn't even there! Also my cap space just jumped up to 4.4mil wtf?

Chargers had pick 3 in each round
    1st:QB J.Dudzick THP 90 SAC 88 MAC 97 DAC 84
    Ya he'll do grand

2nd:WR Parr catching is good at 85 but his release and route running are low,high speed and acc though.low agility too.
    Mainly taken for speed after missing out on Byrant

3rd:WR Sterling Fontenot(great name) medicore player at best though

4th:QB Hardin Good short accuracy and playaction,wicked accleration too,maye a bitta read option in San Diego

5th,6th,7th:Crap I think includeing a 47 rated FB who may or may not start(he does have 88 imbact block and 74 run block)

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

CPU screws Patriots yet again.
    Only decent player they signed was the 1st round QB rated 82ovr but terrible accuracy.

Decided to blow picks on areas I didnt need players (thank god no kickers or punters this time round).
    But now only have 3 CB and one pass rushing LB .

Most of the drafted players will be cut in the near future and will be one of those people scambling to get to the 53man limit!!

Picked up a few gems it seems.

Dominique Bruder at FB already rated 76 with a pass block of 88 didnt even have a Projected draft round or pick number.

RE Dayvon Rucker rated 75 looks excellant to and could soon be puttin FA signing Stevie Means under pressure for the starting job.

ROLB Nat Stillwell was my 1st pick and with speed of 85 and Zone Coverage of 84 is just what i needed.

The Rest are very average although RT Mark Blecker could develop very nicely with an already impressive Run Block of 82.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Sterling Fontenot(great name) medicore player at best though

This guy could be a star for you Perrin, looked very good last night in our match

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

@ rock you can normally pick up ood FBs/K/P as no one scouts them, in the pro i picked u a kicker with 96 Kpow,took him in the 4th round!

• Advertisement

@ rock you can normally pick up ood FBs/K/P as no one scouts them, in the pro i picked u a kicker with 96 Kpow,took him in the 4th round!

He was my last pick, dont really need him but was surprised how good he is.

All this talk boys, but we all know the LA Dreams are taking this conference by storm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

The Jags moved? Love it :D

This guy could be a star for you Perrin, looked very good last night in our match
    Hmm maybem 4th in my depth atm,not a huge fan of him though due to his 75 rated jumping ability

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Hmm maybem 4th in my depth atm,not a huge fan of him though due to his 75 rated jumping ability

If he can run as fast as he did last night, he doesnt need to jump. he has some speed

Advertisement