Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod touch trade in with Gamestop?

Options
  • 03-04-2014 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I was wondering if anyone happened to know the trade in value of a IPod touch 5th generation 32gb?
    I checked CEX but I found the price of €145 insulting having paid €300 about 8 months ago.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

sugarman wrote: »
    Nowhere will offer you near that, they have to make a profit. generally its about 50% of the retail vaule, so they can then mark it up an additional 20/25% percent and make a decent enough profit.

Id suggest selling it privately on Adverts.ie or Donedeal etc..
    cheers pal, any idea what there going for on adverts these days?
    I was looking to trade it in against a Ps4 originally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Roughly 100 euro. So, much less essentially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I assume he was saying what GameStop offer when he said around a ton

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just be aware of the muppets on Adverts, constant stream of lowland offers regardless of how cheap you make it.
    And then there is the mouth breathers who agree to a sale and then let you down.
    Hence why some prefer to just trade it in and take the hit.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just be aware of the muppets on Adverts, constant stream of lowland offers regardless of how cheap you make it.
    And then there is the mouth breathers who agree to a sale and then let you down.
    Hence why some prefer to just trade it in and take the hit.
    thanks for the warning, after checking it out it seems your right, there seems to be a lot of time wasters making offers but not following it up on various items.

I asked gamestop and they said €160 store credit or €112 in cash.
    I forgot to ask if they expect the headphone and everything with it, does anyone know the answer to this?

• Advertisement

thanks for the warning, after checking it out it seems your right, there seems to be a lot of time wasters making offers but not following it up on various items.

I forgot to ask if they expect the headphone and everything with it, does anyone know the answer to this?

No they wouldn't take the headphones in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

they won't take the headphones
    something to do with hygiene and all :) main reason I never buy headphones off adverts haha

cheers for the help folks, I got the €160 on a gift card (Gamestop) which I'm able to add to when I like.
    I do have one last question though, (a hypothetical one) if I was to lose the gift card do I just lose out and that's it?
    or is it on the computer system under my name?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

cheers for the help folks, I got the €160 on a gift card (Gamestop) which I'm able to add to when I like.
    I do have one last question though, (a hypothetical one) if I was to lose the gift card do I just lose out and that's it?

thanks

No i'd say you would lose out. Gift vouchers aren't like a product, they are cash equivalent items. From their perspective, they could think you spent the money on the card and came back looking to get a new one with fresh credit, essentially robbing them. So I would highly doubt it, just keep the gift card somewhere safe until you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

thanks
    Cravez wrote: »
    No i'd say you would lose out. Gift vouchers aren't like a product, they are cash equivalent items. From their perspective, they could think you spent the money on the card and came back looking to get a new one with fresh credit, essentially robbing them. So I would highly doubt it, just keep the gift card somewhere safe until you need it.

I am nearly sure you can
    gift vouchers have codes on them, when you buy a gift voucher or get one of game stop you have too give you name and address don't you
    if you lost it, you simple give you name and address too the person (with id of course) they check see if its been used.
    Could be wrong but their must be some safety line in getting a gift voucher

• Advertisement

I don't think it works like that. Otherwise people wouldn't be able to buy gift cards for each other I don't think. I can't imagine Gamestop being majorly keen on giving you a refund if you lose it anyway.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I don't think it works like that. Otherwise people wouldn't be able to buy gift cards for each other I don't think. I can't imagine Gamestop being majorly keen on giving you a refund if you lose it anyway.
    thanks mate, on another note does anyone know if Gamestop stores are open today? I cant get an answer at my local store to check

They are indeed open :)

Advertisement