Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 5 + 6), April 4-7, 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Full house for Turners Cross tomorrow night looks likely.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Wonder how Croly will approach it. First time he's played the same (best bar SOC) lineup in three successive games and hey presto, three wins. Football is a simple game.

So he'll probably play Sheppard who is in woeful form and Bayly in a 4-4-2 and get beaten. Especially with a game on Monday.

Hoping to make it down tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Praying for our first win of the season v Sligo at the Brandywell.

But they have had the upper hand on us for a long time now, will be a tough game.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Praying for our first win of the season v Sligo at the Brandywell.

But they have had the upper hand on us for a long time now, will be a tough game.

That pitch of yours would even out a Derry v Barca game.

Up to the Gods to decide games up there at minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Be lucky to get 1 point from the next 2 games I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Top of the table clash in Tolka so it will most likely be a borefest!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Games in Tolka have been good viewing so far so hope your wrong. Guess it depends on how Harps approach the game. May not have any finger nails by the end of it.

That pitch of yours would even out a Derry v Barca game.

Up to the Gods to decide games up there at minute.

The pitch was a lot better v Pats last week, the Council had a team of guys working on it for a full week after the debacle of the Cork game, when it was no better than a field tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The pitch was a lot better v Pats last week, the Council had a team of guys working on it for a full week after the debacle of the Cork game, when it was no better than a field tbh.

All pitches are like that until the sun comes out, ours does be deadly from may onwards.

Good to hear.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Good to hear.:)

Ah you're back in business!!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Pats v Dundalk,rumours circulating in Dundalk that Peter Cherrie will be dropped in favour of Gabby Sava.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The local Gestapo in Cork are acting the complete idiots toward to pubs in the Turners Cross area. They got wind that Shams are bringing 600 plus fans tonight and want all the pubs to not serve them and for the pubs to shut their doors at 7pm.

If they are that worried surely the most sensible thing to do would be to send the Shams buses directly into the ground and back out afterwards, but this will of course not happen.

Total and utter over policing due to a new Sargeant on the block who is trying to make a name for himself. He has obviously watched Green St and Football Factory recently as well as he seems to believe all football fans are drunken idiots who are looking to cuase a fight.

That to one side there is a ticket panic going on for tonights game. Many seem to think it will be a sell out, but the club have confirmed tickets will be on sale at 6.15 this evening outside the ground as always.

Also, I would put my mortgage on it that KO will be delayed by 10-15 minutes again due to crowd congestion outside. Happens every single big game.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Looking for 6 points against Bray and Athlone, should be well achievable.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

gimmick wrote: »
    The local Gestapo in Cork are acting the complete idiots toward to pubs in the Turners Cross area. They got wind that Shams are bringing 600 plus fans tonight and want all the pubs to not serve them and for the pubs to shut their doors at 7pm.

Say they'll be more down than 600 IMO.

Bit hard on the sound local pubs like the Evergreen who make a few quid out of it.

As for the game, a draw down there and a win Monday would be an OK weekend's work.

It'll be interesting to see how Shels get on against that Harps side, given that Rovers have played both, in very different games.

I'll be heading down on the Aircoach after work, sticking around the city centre and making my own way to the game from there and walk back into the city centre after the match.

I wonder what the gestapo's plans are for the seething, rampaging mobs who are now not going to be around Turners' Cross, given they've closed the pubs. It just moves the fans around and impacts upon businesses and home fans for nothing.

Clueless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Because away fans would never be around the ground before 7.

He's on the ball. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

dan1895 wrote: »
    Games in Tolka have been good viewing so far so hope your wrong. Guess it depends on how Harps approach the game. May not have any finger nails by the end of it.
    we are minus are 3 main forwards with Mchugh & mcCarron injured and keating already reaching his quota of yellows so i wouldnt expect an attacking approach from us tonight. Hopefully Mcveigh will surprise us again with a goal but he hasnt proved to be the best finisher so far. id be more confident in McCann or someone in midfield popping up for a goal.

Id happily take a draw at this point. Most convenient and pretty much the shortest away trip and still 2 1/2 - 3 hours, may the footballing gods have mercy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Close the doors and not allow anyone in after 7 or kick everyone out at 7? What happens if the pubs say no?

They usually police themselves for games like - have a bouncer on the door, and not allow in away fans if they think it'd be better off. Rovers fans usually end up in the Tory Top, with home fans in the rest of the pubs.

anncoates wrote: »
    Say they'll be more down than 600 IMO.

If there is, I'd be worried about everyone getting a ticket. The capacity of the ground will be 6,900 tonight, when segregation and unsafe/broken seats are taken into account. The normal away section holds 540, but the first few rows are usually closed to help prevent pitch invasions, so that would see it reduced to 450. Maybe some of the block next to it will be given to Rovers fans or they'll have a different section for night, but if extra space might not be possible if the demand for tickets by home fans keep going up. I would have thought that 450 would have been enough, to be honest.
    dfx- wrote: »
    I wonder what the gestapo's plans are for the seething, rampaging mobs who are now not going to be around Turners' Cross, given they've closed the pubs. It just moves the fans around and impacts upon businesses and home fans for nothing.
    Clueless.

I suppose, the hope is that people go into the ground earlier, which would be easier to police and prevent the last minute queuing and delay in kick off. Some people might do that, but a lot will probably just drink farther away from the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Close the doors and not allow anyone in after 7 or kick everyone out at 7? What happens if the pubs say no?

Close them so no one can get in. Thats the word around anyway. Whether the publications heed it is another story, but Id imagine if there is a flashpoint in a pub at 7.15 and the doors are open the Gardai will pay it little attention.

• Advertisement

Ah lads aint that bad. I have seen trouble in past, but you swear it was WW3 potential kicking off tonight.

It will only be handful as usual and sure let them at it each other.

I think that's the point that nothing happens, yet it would appear the police have whipped themselves in a frenzy, presumably extensive searching too.

dfx- wrote: »
    I think that's the point that nothing happens, yet it would appear the police have whipped themselves in a frenzy, presumably extensive searching too.

It was more at Gardai who make deal out of little.

Problem is this only does opposite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

No reason why we can't get 6 points from our next 2 games. We predominantly play a counter attacking game but see no reason why we shouldn't be taking the game to Bray and Athlone.

I'm fully expectant that the same volume of people who attended the Rovers game to be back in force tonight... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

RTE are never going to get a ****ing game right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Hoping we can pick up something from this next two games, season will look very bleak if we are still pointless monday night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

SantryRed wrote: »
    RTE are never going to get a ****ing game right.
    What's wrong with this evenings game? Should be a cracker.

Pats v Dundalk,rumours circulating in Dundalk that Peter Cherrie will be dropped in favour of Gabby Sava.
    Rumours are spot on it seems. Big call by Kenny although you can see why he's done it. Cherrie not at his best recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Pighead wrote: »
    What's wrong with this evenings game? Should be a cracker.

There's a full house down in Turners Cross. The game would come across absolutely brilliantly on the box.

Pats game will still be good, but they haven't chosen the right game once this season.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    There's a full house down in Turners Cross. The game would come across absolutely brilliantly on the box.

Pats game will still be good, but they haven't chosen the right game once this season.
    That's your opinion. I don't think you can give them too much stick for showing a game between the two best teams in the country. The top three in both last years PFAI Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year will also be on show. RTE have it spot on.

Apparently Cherrie does start this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Pighead wrote: »
    That's your opinion. I don't think you can give them too much stick for showing a game between the two best teams in the country. The top three in both last years PFAI Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year will also be on show. RTE have it spot on.

Apparently Cherrie does start this evening.

Gerry Malone,i'm coming for you !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Is the Cork game sold out, or will there be tickets available ?

Drogs 1 up already.

• Athlone...stop getting hammered....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

City 2 up...The X is rocking !!!

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    City 2 up...The X is rocking !!!

Had a bet on them to win the league from day one, so better keep it up :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

We were rotten tonight. Collapsed after the 1st Dundalk goal went in. Bolger's sending off was stupid, deserved red.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

3-0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! City on FIRE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

UCD up to fifth as it stands :eek:

Out of interest whats the record low points in the league? Definitely think Athlone will do it.

Losing 3-0 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Galway 2 up in EDP. 853 is the reported attendance.

Shamrock Rovers fans should be home at this stage I say.

could have been few more too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I've only once seen Cork play before and they were absolutely ****, so this was a bit of a surprise to me :)

Brilliant game, never stopped fighting for every ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Shams woeful up front, Murphy a terrible keeper. Cork were solid! Cracking atmosphere. Took the OH, first ever LOI game and she loved it.

Bloody Bray though, would have been perfect!

The good news too is that we are doing this without out potentially top 2-3 players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Ugh!!! That was a tough night at Richmond Park! :( :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Another important win for us, not a spectacular performance but a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Badly lacking our strikers tonight but gave a good account. Dunno how josh mailey was sent off, got the ball & shels fan infront turned straight around and said that was harsh.
    Not 2-0, draw or shels edging the 1-0 would have been fair enough.
    Wasnt sure on the shels peno but iv been told by harps fans it was so :(

First division is a good step up this year tho, Galway, shels harps(providing we dont fall off like last year) adding to the competitiveness.

Big win for us at the Brandywell tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

overshoot wrote: »
    Badly lacking our strikers tonight but gave a good account. Dunno how josh mailey was sent off, got the ball & shels fan infront turned straight around and said that was harsh.
    Not 2-0, draw or shels edging the 1-0 would have been fair enough.
    Wasnt sure on the shels peno but iv been told by harps fans it was so :(

First division is a good step up this year tho, Galway, shels harps(providing we dont fall off like last year) adding to the competitiveness.

Harps started off playing for a draw straight from the start, 11 men in their own half for the whole first half nearly! Parking the bus malarky.

I just missed the red card but a few around me in the New Stand said he was, seemed like a late enough tackle.

It was a peno definitely. Should be highlights up soon on ShelsTV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement