Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postage

Options
  • 03-04-2014 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I ordered a parcal from England last Friday still havnt received it. Any1 know how long it takes???

Tks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A week is about normal for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

10 working days that is...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Hunter333

Yep recieved email telling me it was shipped. 3-5 days the company said

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Would also depend on the cost of the item + postage costs perhaps. It might be sitting in customs as they seem to be checking a lot these days.

• Advertisement

Soundman wrote: »
    Would also depend on the cost of the item + postage costs perhaps. It might be sitting in customs as they seem to be checking a lot these days.

Not when it's from England.

Honestly, a week to 10 days is normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Any parcel I have got from the UK has been 5 - 10 working days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Actually, there is. There's First and Second class post. First class takes about 2 days. Second class anything up to 10 working days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

from UK there is surface mail or airmail to Ireland otherwise known as "International Economy" and "International Standard". If sent economy it takes up to 2 weeks. If sent standard, it takes 3-5 days.

The economy system is like the internal second class post and is processed after all 1st class / airmail is processed and follows a slow but cheaper procedure.

I know the difference. I usually send back home via airmail, which is standard rate for letters here. Obviously, if there's a large letter/packet/parcel then it goes according to weight but is generally treated as airmail here if you put the sticker on. If I send anything here from the UK, it goes airmail (i.e. 1st class). Parcel post in the UK is generally treated as 2nd class (i.e. surface mail).

Look, none of this helps the OP. It is surface or airmail not 1st or 2nd class. But it's terminology and being pedantic about it doesn't answer the query raised.

OP, I wouldn't worry in the slightest at this stage. You may have it by Wednesday or Thursday coming hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

If Ireland was not emblazoned on the parcel then it's probably lost. Royal Mail have trouble with Irish addresses and stuff seems to end up in some black hole over there.

Danno wrote: »
    If Ireland was not emblazoned on the parcel then it's probably lost. Royal Mail have trouble with Irish addresses and stuff seems to end up in some black hole over there.

I buy from the UK regularly and would completely refute that. I have never had a problem and neither envelopes nor packages are "emblazoned" with Ireland.

Advertisement