Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any expat friendly banks, transfer from Danskebank

Options
  • 03-04-2014 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

expat working abroad. With Danskebank I have for 24 years, (soon to be ex) Irish Visa Credit Card, Instant access saving account, Deposit account, trying to move accounts to other Irish banks, I'm told, because I'm living abroad I cannot have credit card or internet access savings a/c

I don't want to use my non-euro foreign credit card in Ireland, either it gets blocked, or I get screwed with extortionate exchange rates by some card machines in petrol stations and small shops. Anyone know any expat friendly banks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

The credit card will be the problem alright. I don't know of any credit card provider that doesn't require Irish residence upon application. Having an Irish card and moving abroad seems to be no problem but getting one from abroad is. Best of luck.

Advertisement