Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential purchase of Brewery

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Ballyv24 wrote: »
    I would like to see some accommodation in the city centre along the quays. People living in the city centre would hopefully liven up the city.

there is lots of accommodation on or near the quays and VT area, the council have been renovating and are ongoing renovating places for people to live in in the city centre for last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Max Powers wrote: »
    there is lots of accommodation on or near the quays and VT area, the council have been renovating and are ongoing renovating places for people to live in in the city centre for last few years.

Where? (I'm asking because I am not from Waterford and only recently moved here) I'm talking about people actually living in the center of Waterford city

My idea probably wouldn't be popular.. but I'd get rid of the quay car parks and replace them with a shopping center with its own multi story car park. There should also be space for apartments and offices.

I would keep a wide walkway along the river which would hopefully join a footbridge across the river.. Thats my dream for the quays anyway..

Right.. I'm off to hide under my desk now

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

Ballyv24 wrote: »
    Where? (I'm asking because I am not from Waterford and only recently moved here) I'm talking about people actually living in the center of Waterford city

My idea probably wouldn't be popular.. but I'd get rid of the quay car parks and replace them with a shopping center with its own multi story car park. There should also be space for apartments and offices.

I would keep a wide walkway along the river which would hopefully join a footbridge across the river.. Thats my dream for the quays anyway..

Right.. I'm off to hide under my desk now

Car Parking on the Quay is Crazy - even to start with - close the car park by the clock tower - and grass it - parkland in the city centre with a volunteer park warden - cars can park at new gas works site -
    as for living in city centre - a few of us did a college survey of the quay and barronstrand st to john st - there is 121 shops where over the shop is vacant - give a grant or incentive to refurb them into apartment - get the city "living" again

Advertisement