Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BER

Options
  • 03-04-2014 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Is it illegal for an estate agent to advertise a house without a BER certificate?
    Who do I contact to report this transgression?

<snip>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Are you certain it doesn't have a certificate?

I would talk to the SEAI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Every rental and property for sale has to have a BER certificate. Are you renting or buying as Solicitor will get the Ber cert. before completion of sale.

Why would you report it? Would you just not ask the Estate Agent for a Ber Cert.
    ubercool wrote: »
    Is it illegal for an estate agent to advertise a house without a BER certificate?
    Who do I contact to report this transgression?

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Ber should be available but maybe not done yet. Its required for sale to go through. It also could be vendors fault

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Is it a house which may be exempt from requiring a BER (for example, some older houses)?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Yes.
    Under Section 12, S.I. 243, 2012
    You report it to the Building Control Officer of the local authority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Every advertisement of a dwelling for sale or rent should include a statement of "the energy performance indicator of the current BER certificate for the dwelling" (SI 243 of 2012, S.12). It's not enough that a BER exists; it must be cited in the advertisement.

^^
    That's what I said!
    Despite the legislation being there for over a year now, I've yet to hear of it being enforced

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

snubbleste wrote: »
    ^^
    That's what I said! ...
    I'm not a fast typist! The fact is, I started to compose my post, and then side-tracked to be sure I had the correct reference. And you sneaked in!

I'm not a fast typist! The fact is, I started to compose my post, and then side-tracked to be sure I had the correct reference. And you sneaked in!
    But of course!
    OP here's an older thread on the issue http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056823769

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

TheDriver wrote: »
    Ber should be available but maybe not done yet. Its required for sale to go through. It also could be vendors fault

It's required on the advertisement

• Advertisement
Advertisement