Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal welfare conference May 16th Dublin Castle

• 03-04-2014 8:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if this is open to the public to attend?
    wrote:
    Minister Simon Coveney has confirmed that he will hold a conference on the issue of animal welfare in Dublin Castle on May 16th.
    The conference will deal with a number of related topics that will be of interest as well as the new regime under the Animal Health & Welfare Act 2013. The announcement of the conference coincided with the Minister’s signing of Animal Health and Welfare Act 2013 (Commencement) Order 2014 which brings into operation the core elements of the Animal Health and Welfare Act 2013.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I think it is anniehoo (and plan on going) but for all my digging, I've yet to find out how you can register!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Renno123

it would be very interesting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

boomerang wrote: »
    I think it is anniehoo (and plan on going) but for all my digging, I've yet to find out how you can register!

If i can get the day off I'm going too (meet ya there :D) but I can't find out for definite if it's open to everyone. It sounds like it is, otherwise it'd be in the Dáil but interesting the way he's having this AFTER the New Act has been brought in :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

I'd like to go too, but I'll have just started a work placement that week so might not get day off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I'm tempted to go camp there with my dog wearing a placard "I got out but 3500 buddies were killed in your pounds. How is that not a crisis Mr Coveney?"...

• Advertisement

SPCAs already invited, invites still to go out to those in receipt of Agri funding. Possibly invites for other interested parties.

boomerang wrote: »
    SPCAs already invited, invites still to go out to those in receipt of Agri funding. Possibly invites for other interested parties.

Where'd you find this out boomerang? Does "interested parties" mean anyone who applies? Any idea where to apply to?

http://www.animaladvocacy.ie/animal-welfare-conference-update-16th-may/

That's as much as I know!

You can always come under the guise of a crazy cat lady, anniehoo! We're a small org and I'll probably be the only one travelling. If we get more than one seat you are very welcome under our umbrella!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 animaladvocacy

Hi guys - saw you'd posted the link with info about the conference from my site and wanted to input. I've only just joined the site so can't post links. If you check the link boomerang posted you'll see that Feral Cats Ireland, ARAN and ICABS are all asking their supporters to go along for a peaceful demo. There's links to their FB pages. They're all hoping that at least one of their representatives will get invited but don't know yet. There's just not going to be enough room for everyone to attend so they're organising their own events outside. There's another link I called 'General Public' which is to another FB page, not affiliated with any organisation, which is for anyone interested who wants to attend and peacefully do their thing. They're hoping to arrange lift shares and so forth nearer the time.

There'll be vets related to the SPCAs attending too. Think is invite only rather than registering.

There's links to petitions on there too - two specifically for the conference, the others related to legislation.

Hope this is helpful!
    Muriel

Got my official invite by email today. Entrance is by invite only with the conference starting @10am, finishing @5pm comprising of three sessions:
    • Animal Health & Welfare Act 2013-The New Regime
    • Horse Welfare in Cork-A Case Study of animal welfare enforcement
    • The Consumer & Animal Welfare-The Interaction and the Interdependence

Now to try and get the day off work ::o

• Advertisement
Advertisement